What next?

AligelliAligelli Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 5 Curl Neophyte
Here I am before; brushed flat as I can, dyed, shampooed, and conditioned with max cones. After a week only using Shea Moisture Coconut and Hibiscus Conditioner as co-wash, and lashings raked in as leave-in, then plopping, air drying, and finger fluffing, it looks better. Next step advice appreciated! Thank you, Ali 

Best Answer

• Guide 65Guide 65 Registered Users, Moderators Posts: 1,984 Curl Virtuoso
    Accepted Answer
    You have beautiful hair!  Try a gel next.  Add some on top of your leave in conditioner, before towel drying.  I do the gel step right in the shower.  It'll probably dry hard and crunchy, but that's ok.  Once it's fully dry just scrunch your hair until it's nice and soft.  For a cheap but good gel to experiment with, try LA Looks Sports Gel (the blue one). 
    Formerly known as Janiegirl
    2B/2C, fine hair, low density, mixed porosity, protein loving hair
    Current products:
    Changing up my shampoos because I can't find one I like
    Deva Curl One Condition (original formula)
    Innersense I Create Volume
    Deva Curl Ultra Defining Gel

Answers

• GretchenGretchen Administrator Moderators Posts: 10,840 Curl Virtuoso
    Welcome to CurlTalk, @Aligelli! We're so glad you've joined us.  Your hair is gorgeous! I'm not sure what "lashings" is.... are you using any kind of styling product? 

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!
  • AligelliAligelli Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 5 Curl Neophyte
    Thank you, Gretchen.

I have lots to learn from you experts to make my hair curlier. I'd love my hair to look like yours, with beautiful curls at the roots of my hair. I don't know if my hair type is capable of that, though, as it just sticks up any way it pleases.

I'm amazed at the quick change so far, using a natural conditioner. I even dared to wear my hair down at work yesterday. By "lashings", I meant lots of the conditioner. 

I haven't got any styling product. What do you suggest? Gel or something else? I would love to try your ideas.
    Okay, will do.I'll buy some gel. Thanks Guide 65!
    I put Ecostyler gel in, then blow dried my hair with a strainer, which gave me root curls and higher ringlets, so that was a good suggestion, thank you. I think to get more curl, I'll need to find a hairdresser to give me layers. I'm enjoying experimenting!
  • GretchenGretchen Administrator Moderators Posts: 10,840 Curl Virtuoso

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!
    Thanks for the link, Gretchen. I'll read it now. I'll see if I can get Curl Keeper gel here too.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file