Has deva curl shampoo/conditioner given you dry scalp?

BDauzBDauz Registered Users Posts: 28 Curl Neophyte
Hello lovelies! I just started using devacurl line again ... been at this for 2-3 months. Lately I’ve been noticing that at the very front of my scalp it’s flaky, almost as if it’s a rash from the shampoo and conditioner. I say that because I scrunch my hair style products as opppsed to soreadingvit through my scalp and hair. Has anyone else experienced that? 
3A/3B, Low Porosity, Fine Hair, Medium Density, Currently: Limp Curls (Hoping to fix that)

Current Products: Nothing I really want to stick to ... using Shea Moisture, it doesn't do much for my hair. OPEN to suggestions :smile:

-- Brooke

Answers

• StillunsureonmycurltypeStillunsureonmycurltype Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 92 Curl Connoisseur
    It’s probably not dry scalp, likely it is buildup. I explained this in another post, but to keep it straight to the point, Devacurl products just aren’t strong enough to remove buildup properly. You’ll need a clarifying shampoo or a sulfate shampoo to remove ALL the buildup. 

It does go against the grain of the CG method, but honestly, it is not something everyone can accommodate conveniently without getting issues later on. If the dryness of the Shampoo occurs, deep condition after😉.

• Guide 65Guide 65 Registered Users, Moderators Posts: 1,984 Curl Virtuoso
    I've heard of a lot of people having scalp issues using Deva Curl products.  You might want to switch to some other shampoo and conditioner before it gets any worse.
    Formerly known as Janiegirl
    2B/2C, fine hair, low density, mixed porosity, protein loving hair
    Current products:
    Changing up my shampoos because I can't find one I like
    Deva Curl One Condition (original formula)
    Innersense I Create Volume
    Deva Curl Ultra Defining Gel
  • GretchenGretchen Administrator Moderators Posts: 10,840 Curl Virtuoso
    Let us know what works for you! I have had dry scalp problems too. I found that trying different shampoos helped. 

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file