Protein- rich conditioner recommendations?

solisortumsolisortum Posts: 8Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Neophyte
edited April 29 in Protein-Craving
Hi everyone! I have high porosity (I believe), coase, 2b/2c hair. I am looking for a new rinse out conditioner that is affordable with hydrolyzed proteins. My hair reacts well to DevaCurl One Condition Delight and it likes all the protein in SM products (restorative conditioner, etc) but the shea butter weighs it down. Any recommendations will be appreciated!

Comments

• WavyKfromNJWavyKfromNJ Posts: 850Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    You can get some Colorful Neutral Protein Filler (CNPF) and add a few drop to your conditioner.  You can get a small bottle at Sally Beauty for about 2.00. 

You will want to mix it in your hand right before you use it.  Don't mix it in the bottle because it can screw up the balance of the preservatives.

You can also mix the CNPF in a spray bottle with water and not mix it with the conditioner. 
    2b, 2c,
    High Porosity - Very Fine Hair

Low Poo: Living Proof Restore Shampoo
    Rinse Out: Living Proof Restore Conditioner
    Leave In: Living Proof Curl Leave-In or Garnier 1 Minute Mask - Papaya
    Treatments: Restore Repair Leave-In, 
    Styling: Living Proof In-Shower Styler with Ouidad Advanced Climate Control Gel Stronger Hold
  • solisortumsolisortum Posts: 8Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Neophyte
    Thank you! I will do that!
  • Kinky Curly-Coily MeganKinky Curly-Coily Megan Posts: 67Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Connoisseur
    Mill Creek Botanicals Keratin protein conditioner. It has keratin protein in the 1st five ingredients. It is organic and natural. I found it at Burlington store. I love it. 
  • Guide 65Guide 65 Posts: 1,342Registered Users, Moderators Curl Virtuoso
    Mill Creek Botanicals Keratin protein conditioner. It has keratin protein in the 1st five ingredients. It is organic and natural. I found it at Burlington store. I love it. 
    They carry that at a health food store right down the street!  I've never heard of anyone using it, so I always pass it by.  I'll have to pick some up to try.  I've been missing the Aubrey Organics one since it was discontinued.  Maybe this is a good replacement!
    Formerly known as Janiegirl
    2C/3A, fine hair, low density, mixed porosity, protein loving hair
    Current products:
    Changing up my shampoos because I can't find one I like
    Deva Curl One Condition (original formula)
    Curl Junkie Pattern Pusha
    Deva Curl Ultra Defining Gel
  • BeinDebBeinDeb Posts: 575Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Love Mill Creek's Keratin Shampoo and the conditioner!! It's a staple in my rotation.
  • GretchenGretchen Administrator Posts: 10,563Administrators, Moderators Administrator
    Isn't it awesome when you come across a great find in an unexpected place?

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!
  • GretchenGretchen Administrator Posts: 10,563Administrators, Moderators Administrator
    BeinDeb said:
    Love Mill Creek's Keratin Shampoo and the conditioner!! It's a staple in my rotation.
    Stop increasing my list of products I simply MUST try!  LOL! 

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!
  • curlypearlcurlypearl Posts: 12,130Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    This is exactly what I've been wanting.  Just ordered it on Amazon.  Thanks for posting Solisortum.  Do you deep condition afterward?  I have Curl Junkie Rehab which I love so I would use that to DC after.  Gretchen, I am in the same boat - so tantalized by all the great products!
    2/c Coarse hair med. density.
    Highly porous. Color over grey.
    I love all the Curl Junkie products. Still experimenting with gels and curl creams. Still hoping for 2nd day hair....
    Every day is a gift :flower:
  • SublimeamigaSublimeamiga Posts: 10Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Neophyte
    Has anyone noticed when using Keratin products that their curls are straightened? I think it weighs my hair down. My hair is very porous and thin. 
    Type: 3B with some 3A
    Density: Low
    Porosity: High
    Thickness: Fine
    Products: Shea Moisture 
  • Therese1Therese1 Posts: 2,349Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    Sometimes hair likes certain proteins and hates others. For me, keratin and wheat protein cause my hair to go straight, unless my hair is in serious need of protein in general (which it usually is not).

I would keep experimenting with products and analyzing ingredient lists. Usually, porous hair does well with protein, so there may be other proteins that your hair can tolerate. It also might be possible that there is something else in the products that is causing this effect.
    Low poo: Intelligent Nutrients (IN) Harmonic; Oribe Cleansing Creme
    RO: IN Harmonic
    LI: CJ Beauticurls; Jessicurl (JC) Gelebration Spray
    DC: JC Deep Conditioning Treatment; Weleda Rosemary Conditioning Oil
    Stylers: JC Confident Coils; IN Volumizing Spray; IN Perfect Hold Hairspray; John Masters Sea Mist; Bumble Bb. Gel; Kenra Firm-Hold Gel; Sevi Blue Yarrow Sea Salt Spray
    Low-porosity 2a/b baby-fine hair

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file