Hair type? 2b?

ibrauhnibrauhn Posts: 4Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Neophyte
Hey guys! I'm new to the curly girl method and I'm just wondering what you all thought my hair type might be. My hair has difficulty curling on the top layer but is still pretty wavy, but the deeper the layer, the tighter the curl. My bottom layer is almost entirely tight coils. I'd love any input/opinions if you all had any! Thanks guys!

Best Answer

• abuviaabuvia Posts: 8 Curl Neophyte
    Accepted Answer
    Beautiful hair!

I’m new here, but have a similar curl pattern.  I was intrigued to learn you can have varying curl and wave types in the same head of hair, so I’ve decided I’m both 2c/3a.  Maybe you are, too.

Answers

• GretchenGretchen Administrator Posts: 10,751Administrators, Moderators Administrator
    HI @ibrauhn and welcome to CurlTalk!  We're glad to have you here!

You — and your curls — are beautiful! 

It is very possible to have more than one hair type on the same head. Many of us do. Mine is much tighter underneath, in the back.... much like yours! 

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!
  • ibrauhnibrauhn Posts: 4Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Neophyte
    abuvia, what products have you been using on your hair?

I've been using the tresseme botanique conditioner, the blue LA looks sports gel, and the sulfate-free cantu shampoo. But it hasn't held my looser waves well, so I'm not loving this routine. Any suggestions
  • abuviaabuvia Posts: 8Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Neophyte

I’ve been using the store-brand conditioner from Whole Foods & very occasionally the shampoo from the same line.  

I ocassionally use Hask Keratin Smoothing deep conditioner as a protein treatment.  I’d recommend that.

I use KC curling custard (a gel) & that works well for me.  Today I rubbed some avacado oil through my hair when I was releasing the gel and so far that’s been really nice, too.  (My hair is very fine and porous & I haven’t had luck with coconut, olive, almond, or argan oils in the past.)

I’m new here, too, so am also keeping my eyes open for members with similar hair types to see what they use.

Good luck!
  • GretchenGretchen Administrator Posts: 10,751Administrators, Moderators Administrator
    Sounds like y'all are both well on your way to finding routines that work perfectly!

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!

I've been using the tresseme botanique conditioner, the blue LA looks sports gel, and the sulfate-free cantu shampoo. But it hasn't held my looser waves well, so I'm not loving this routine. Any suggestions?

I've been using the tresseme botanique conditioner, the blue LA looks sports gel, and the sulfate-free cantu shampoo. But it hasn't held my looser waves well, so I'm not loving this routine. Any suggestions?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file