static from other soccer mom

spiderlashes5000spiderlashes5000 Posts: 17,898Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
edited April 2018 in Non-hair discussion
OK, so my daughter has been in soccer for years. And TBH she is prbly the strongest player on her team. Or always one of the top two. So she got stuck this season on a team with a coach she does not like. The coaches are all parents who volunteer. So I had kept an open mind about him until he started pissing me off by not communicating things properly. I know the parents of plenty of other girls in this soccer league on different teams and their coaches do a better job. I actually had to email this coach three times during the first week of this season to find out what their practice days were and to get his phone number. And it's been like this ever since. I have shot out a couple of curt (group) emails to him when he failed to communicate things (cancelled practices, cancelled games, etc.) and so have a few other parents. She is the top scorer and I don't want her to miss any games, blah blah but when there are changes in plans, I need to know by a certain time bc I work downtown and have to deal w/ rush hour traffic and other issues.

So another communication fart happened yesterday which caused us to miss practice. I sent an email (group email) basically saying, "Bc you didn't notify me of xyz, Quinne will not be at today's practice. I wish you would have notified me earlier." 

So later that night, I receive a group email from one of the other mothers, chastising me, saying I'm being whiny, I should be grateful and her husband had considered volunteering but now she is glad he didn't bc of the griping. 

Well, that kind of stuff doesn't go over well with me. None of the content of my email was addressing her or her husband, and she can miss me w/ that. So I sent a stern group email back to her, saying so. (No cussing or anything crazy.)

This morning the coach's wife sent out a group email apologizing for the miscommunication. And I said OK, thanks for explaining.

Nothing from the woman I told off.

So I will surely see the woman I told off as the season continues. Up until now I'd been cool with her husband but really hadn't interacted much with her. This is one petty, gossipping bunch of hens. So I'm sure by now, even mothers of kids on other teams have heard about this. My daughter has close friends on this team and on other teams. And she had recently become friends w/ the girl whose mother I told off. 

How would you feel about this? How do you handle interpersonal conflicts like this? I've never had an outright conflict w/ any parents of my kids' teammates.

Comments

• hmkennyhmkenny Posts: 1,467Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Personally, I would leave it at that.   You were right to speak up about the miscommunications in the first place or else your daughter might miss more practices, right?   As for this other woman, you said what you had to say to her. You can be civil when you see her but no need to take it any further.  If she and her friends choose to gossip about it, well nothing can be done about it.  People do get over these things.
    3a/medium texture/normal porosity
  • JosephineJosephine Posts: 14,408Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I agree. What else is there to say?  You can see her and pretend like nothing happened or just be civil?
  • GretchenGretchen Administrator Posts: 10,840Moderators Curl Virtuoso
    I agree. Just be courteous and businesslike. 

I hate team drama — I've encountered so much of it, with three boys who've been in sports since they were wee. 

I hate bad coaches too. It's so frustrating when your kid is really good and the coaching is awful. 

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!
  • spiderlashes5000spiderlashes5000 Posts: 17,898Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    Apparently, these old bats were talking about it nonstop at yesterday's game. Next week should be fun. :|

• GretchenGretchen Administrator Posts: 10,840Moderators Curl Virtuoso
    Apparently, these old bats were talking about it nonstop at yesterday's game. Next week should be fun. :|
    Ugh. Sorry. Hopefully you can avoid her and her gang. 

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!
  • hmkennyhmkenny Posts: 1,467Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    That's unfortunate.  Hopefully they will move on soon.
    3a/medium texture/normal porosity

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file