In Need of a New Product to Loosen Curls

DanielleK1231DanielleK1231 Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 2 Curl Neophyte
I have long 3b-3c hair and have been using Garnier Fructis Curl Calm Down for the last few years. I love the way this product works - it defines my curls, loosens them a little bit, and makes them shiny. Sadly, Garnier discontinued the product a couple of years ago and Amazon no longer has it in stock, so I am looking for a new product that will work similarly. I tried Garnier Fructis Curl Stretch Loosening Pudding and I don't love it. It didn't really stretch my curls (it might have even caused them to shrink), it did not make them shiny, and I feel like this product won't stand up to any humidity. It did not have as strong of a hold as Curl Calm Down either, which is ironic as the pudding was supposed to have a stronger hold. Does anybody have any suggestions for products I should try? I would prefer for the product to be no more than a few dollars for a bottle. Thank you in advance!

Answers

• GretchenGretchen Administrator Moderators Posts: 10,840 Curl Virtuoso
    Don't you hate it when they discontinue a product that really works for you? 
    I found this article for you; maybe one of these products will work? Although, they are more than a few dollars each, unfortunately. 

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!
  • WavyKfromNJWavyKfromNJ Registered Users Posts: 853 Curl Virtuoso
    Contact Garnier to see if they have any suggestions.

Look for products with the same ingredients.
    2b, 2c,
    High Porosity - Very Fine Hair

Low Poo: Living Proof Restore Shampoo
    Rinse Out: Living Proof Restore Conditioner
    Leave In: Living Proof Curl Leave-In or Garnier 1 Minute Mask - Papaya
    Treatments: Restore Repair Leave-In, 
    Styling: Living Proof In-Shower Styler with Ouidad Advanced Climate Control Gel Stronger Hold
  • coracat5coracat5 Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 17 Curl Neophyte
    Has anyone tried Aveda curly loosener? (I think is what it was called) Not the enhancer one. Did it help? 

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file