severely bleached

HalleluvsmusicHalleluvsmusic Curl NeophytePosts: 3Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Neophyte
So about two months ago I started my journey of turning my 2c hair blond. After the first bleach session my hair felt amazing, it lightened really well while still holding curl. A month after the first bleaching I went back to the salon because half my hair was a different color - I just wanted the color to be evened out. The stylist then bleached my entire head again just a short month after and used 40 Vol and left the bleach on far too long and under heat. My hair melted off. My hair is still past my shoulder but I can’t style it I’m afraid to touch it. It’s been almost a month since this happened and I’ve been doing everything I know to help it. Devachan soho said I need to cut my hair off. It’s devastating. I’m left with hay colored and hay textured stringy hair that just falls out at the turn of my head. Is this any hope for me, even if I cut my hair short will my hair improve. I need help I’m at my wits end, this is been one of the most traumatic things that’s happened to me, my confidence in myself has gone down the drain 

Comments

• Guide 65Guide 65 Curl Virtuoso Posts: 1,984Registered Users, Moderators Curl Virtuoso
    I'm so sorry this has happened.  :'(

Before you cut it all off, try doing an olaplex treatment.  It's supposed to help repair hair after chemical treatments.  Also try some protein treatments - carefully!  Do a strand test before you put in all over your hair.  And lots and lots of deep treatments. 

Your hair may be able to recover somewhat, but it's never going to be as healthy as virgin hair.  But you might be able to avoid a big chop.
    Formerly known as Janiegirl
    2B/2C, fine hair, low density, mixed porosity, protein loving hair
    Current products:
    Changing up my shampoos because I can't find one I like
    Deva Curl One Condition (original formula)
    Innersense I Create Volume
    Deva Curl Ultra Defining Gel
  • HalleluvsmusicHalleluvsmusic Curl Neophyte Posts: 3Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Neophyte
    I did an aphogee two step
    protein treatment and I did help but not dramatically.
  • WavyKfromNJWavyKfromNJ Curl Virtuoso Posts: 853Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    I don't think you will see dramatic results from anything.  Try the Olaplex it is made to counteract damage caused by chemical processing.

Also deep condition, deep condition, deep condition.
    2b, 2c,
    High Porosity - Very Fine Hair

Low Poo: Living Proof Restore Shampoo
    Rinse Out: Living Proof Restore Conditioner
    Leave In: Living Proof Curl Leave-In or Garnier 1 Minute Mask - Papaya
    Treatments: Restore Repair Leave-In, 
    Styling: Living Proof In-Shower Styler with Ouidad Advanced Climate Control Gel Stronger Hold

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file