Anyone with 3C or around there (from 3b to 4a)used Briogeo?

StillunsureonmycurltypeStillunsureonmycurltype Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 92 Curl Connoisseur

(Or anyone with hair that can bend lol)

specifically the Briogeo Scalp Revival Charcoal + Peppermint Oil Cooling Jelly Conditioner, if so what are your thoughts on it in the long run? Would you recommend the shampoo if you purchased it as well? I’m asking because I recently bought it and I’m waiting for the delivery of it. Now, it’s a pricy product and it was a personal splurge, what are your thoughts and experience with it? Have you tried to use some of it as a leave in? Give me all the details please, anything you can think of that would be useful info!

Best Answer

• Guide 65Guide 65 Registered Users, Moderators Posts: 1,984 Curl Virtuoso
    Accepted Answer
    I haven't tried their regular conditioner, but I really like their Don't Despair, Repair! deep conditioner.  It leaves my hair so nice and soft!
    Formerly known as Janiegirl
    2B/2C, fine hair, low density, mixed porosity, protein loving hair
    Current products:
    Changing up my shampoos because I can't find one I like
    Deva Curl One Condition (original formula)
    Innersense I Create Volume
    Deva Curl Ultra Defining Gel

Answers

I haven't used that specific product, but in general I really like Briogeo.  I'd love to hear a review of these charcoal products!
    Current products:
  • StillunsureonmycurltypeStillunsureonmycurltype Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 92 Curl Connoisseur
    Guide 65 said:
    I haven't used that specific product, but in general I really like Briogeo.  I'd love to hear a review of these charcoal products!
    Ooh, have you ever used their regular conditioner as a leave in?
  • StillunsureonmycurltypeStillunsureonmycurltype Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 92 Curl Connoisseur

TL;DR + personal rating at the end.

Ok, so first impression: This product isn’t very moisturizing so far... 

I decided to take advantage and did a simple rinse with warm water and rubbed my scalp to remove any buildup. I took a good squeeze, around enough to get me to my scalp.

I followed the directions for the most part and massaged my scalp with the product. I tried to use it on my hair too, but I don’t know if it’s due to the tangles I had (hadn’t washed my hair since the Saturday prior, and I did this on thursday. I also didn’t refresh at all since I wanted to test the slip) or if this product isn’t meant for my hair texture, but the slip was like sliding down a slide where you clothes just creates a drag. Ok, a bit of an exaggeration I KNOW, but the product didn’t have enough slip where I was comfortable with. I’m used to slippery products, but they are also products that are high in either oil content or a concentration of different ingredients (DC). If I was going to be honest, I did manage to detangle and my fingers did run through but I still felt a slight drag. Maybe my hair is rejecting the product due to unfamiliarity? Possibly. My hair has done that before. So, in order to finish the detangling process I had to use another conditioner with a lot of slip.

i did this with finger detangling mind you, so imagine using a comb. It didn’t pull on my strands, I lost what I expected to lose since I didn’t wash in so long, but running my fingers through I felt a drag and that’s what irked me. I think this is meant for Type 2 hair.

So, 
    I rinse out the conditioner and my hair didn’t feel dry, but it felt like all I put was water. I decided to use one of my personal conditioners and put them on my hair as you would with a conditioner and I received the moisture I was looking for. It could be that I’m so used to moisturizing products, I assumed that this one would be moisturizing too. 

Now, this is where I feel like this has other uses. It’s great for any scalp in my opinion. If you have a dry scalp this can hydrate it as it is more like a scalp mask than anything else.

It has a cooling sensation similar to Vick’s VaporRub menthol (menthol is one of the ingredients fyi) if you have an oily scalp it can aid in controlling the oil production and reducing the overproduction due to the Tea Tree Oil it contains. It also contains peppermint oil which aids in promoting hair growth as it stimulates blood circulation. It contains Biotin, which would be absorbed via the scalp and strengthens the hair follicles that aid in hair growth. Aloe Vera juice is also in this, and you all know that Aloe has great uses for the skin with promoting hair growth, balancing the scalp PH and helps to reduce itchiness of the scalp. The charcoal is great for pulling impurities from the scalp and surrounding hair which can aid in reduction of thinning and can promote more hair growth or thickening is the strands. All in all, it is good for the scalp with ingredients that promote healthy hair growth, detoxifies and can aid in keeping the amount you have on your head and less fall out.

Would be great to contribute into the regimen after clarifying you would apply to the scalp as a mask and apply your DC to your hair. I know it says that you should use it for only 15-30 seconds, but I try to get the most benefit from a product lol.

TL;DR:
    it may not be meant for those folks with tighter curls or high density, may be for those with very loose curls that have less issue detangling.

For those that have curlier textures, if you have a dry or oily scalp, this would be a great scalp mask after clarifying your hair and scalp because the ingredients help control oil production. This as a scalp mask and your put your fave mask on your hair? Win-win? I think YES!

Can promote hair growth and healthy hair at that with the great ingredients.

It smells so good and too :)

Slip:
    1.5/5

Conditioning effect:
    2.5/5

Price:
    2/5

Effect:
    5/5

Ingredients: 
    5/5

Final Rating: 
    3.2/5
    Thanks for the review!  This doesn't sound like something I need.  My scalp is fine, and I prefer slippery conditioners.  Lots of people out there might do well with this though.
    Current products:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file