NewKinksandCoilsJenNewKinksandCoilsJen Posts: 2Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Neophyte

Hey CGs!
So I did my BC Apr 6. It took some growing on me but at this point... I have no choice but to at least like it. I don't know my natural hair because I have not been natural since I was 10 y.o. Until the point when my hair was relaxed my mother was doing my hair by way of methods I am sure would be frowned upon today lol.
After much back and forth my hair was so damaged I really found no other option when it came to handling my hair. I was holding on to dead hair (this goes way deeper believe me; but we wont get into that). I was miserable and wearing hats, scarves, and poorly installed protective styles. As of today I have been wearing my hair out for a little over a week and a half. I follow a curl blogger on ig who is also an alumni from my old hs. She has provided a lot of insight and information. She is the one who led me to this website. The problem is I still feel absolutely clueless. I've been spending obscene amounts of money on products that if we are being honest I don't really know how to use yet.

I feel like I even need help with the mechanics and how to apply the products.

Help me! Tell me where to start.
As of right now I do know the following
I am in the type 4 family-I am not sure of the letter but I think my hair would be described as coily. I said I think because I have some coils and some kinks that I think are like z forms.
I have low porosity hair
currently sporting a twa (or something above it).
Hit me with the info girls. I NEED it lol

Comments

• Guide 65Guide 65 Posts: 1,984Registered Users, Moderators Curl Virtuoso
    Welcome to CurlTalk!  Take a look around, there's a ton of good info here!

And you might want to check out youtube.  You can see how other people do their hair.  It might help a lot with the mechanics you were talking about. 
    Formerly known as Janiegirl
    2B/2C, fine hair, low density, mixed porosity, protein loving hair
    Current products:
    Changing up my shampoos because I can't find one I like
    Deva Curl One Condition (original formula)
    Innersense I Create Volume
    Deva Curl Ultra Defining Gel
  • GretchenGretchen Administrator Posts: 10,840Moderators Curl Virtuoso

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file