Returning Wavy

FairCelticWavyFairCelticWavy Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 5 Curl Neophyte
hi all! I went CG about 8 years ago. A couple of years ago I fell back into straightening my hair on and off.  
My 12 year old daughter’s hair become gorgeously curly once she hit puberty, but she hates it! All of our products are CG approved, so she detangles in th shower and uses leave-in, but refuses to do anything besides put it up in a pony or a knot on top of her head. 
Annnyhow, long story short, I have been wearing my waves 100% of the time for the past couple of months, but am on the search for new holy grails, as my former loves just aren’t giving me the results I used to get. Help!

Best Answers

• WavyKfromNJWavyKfromNJ Registered Users Posts: 853 Curl Virtuoso
    Answer ✓
    Please tell us more about your hair and current products

What is your porosity (High/Medium/Low)?

What is your texture(Fine/Medium/Course)?

What products do you use and what is your routine?
    2b, 2c,
    High Porosity - Very Fine Hair

Low Poo: Living Proof Restore Shampoo
    Rinse Out: Living Proof Restore Conditioner
    Leave In: Living Proof Curl Leave-In or Garnier 1 Minute Mask - Papaya
    Treatments: Restore Repair Leave-In, 
    Styling: Living Proof In-Shower Styler with Ouidad Advanced Climate Control Gel Stronger Hold
  • WavyKfromNJWavyKfromNJ Registered Users Posts: 853 Curl Virtuoso
    Answer ✓
    I don't know if your Low Poo is CG.  I know there is no SLS but the other sodium based ingredients at the top of the list may be too harsh to be CG.  You may want to treat it like a clarifying shampoo and find a different Low Poo.

Since your hair is high porosity you may need protein.  I know I need it for my waves to maintain their integrity.
    2b, 2c,
    High Porosity - Very Fine Hair

Low Poo: Living Proof Restore Shampoo
    Rinse Out: Living Proof Restore Conditioner
    Leave In: Living Proof Curl Leave-In or Garnier 1 Minute Mask - Papaya
    Treatments: Restore Repair Leave-In, 
    Styling: Living Proof In-Shower Styler with Ouidad Advanced Climate Control Gel Stronger Hold
  • BrittanyMBrittanyM Registered Users Posts: 1,218 Curl Virtuoso
    Answer ✓
    Are you deep conditioning? I find my waves look the best after dc. Also colored treated hair loves moisture. If your hair looks like your profile pic, your hair is already enviable.
  • BrittanyMBrittanyM Registered Users Posts: 1,218 Curl Virtuoso
    Answer ✓
    I think the garnier deep conditioner does have silicones, so be sure to clarify once in a while with a sulfate to avoid build up. You can try bobby pinning your part together while drying to help with volume. My hair falls throughout the day when I do this but it does help with volume a good bit.

Answers

• FairCelticWavyFairCelticWavy Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 5 Curl Neophyte
    2b/2c, high porosity as I color my hair, I have fine hair, but A LOT of it! 

Current products:
    No-poo: VO5 naturals
    Low Poo: Pacifica Pineapple Curls
    Rinse out: Pacifica Pineapple Curls
    Leave In: Kinky Curly Knot Today condish
    Styling: Kinky Curly Curling Custard, or Cantu curl cream & Bouncecurl

i have an arsenal of products, but those are what I’ve recently  been using. Sometimes I’ll use Cantu low-poo, then the curl cream, then the curl custard. 

I get compliments, but I just feel like my hair is “eh” lately. My roots are flat, no matter how I clip, and air drying completely is just not an option if I want any volume (I diffuse on low speed, med heat) 
  • FairCelticWavyFairCelticWavy Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 5 Curl Neophyte
    BrittanyM said:
    Are you deep conditioning? I find my waves look the best after dc. Also colored treated hair loves moisture. If your hair looks like your profile pic, your hair is already enviable.
    Yes, I deep condition approx 1x/week with garnier triple treat. My hair does love moisture. 

Thank you you for the compliment! Yes, my hair often looks like my profile pic, but what you can’t see are my flat ass roots! I almost always have to clip my hair back, because of how flat they are. This was 3rd day hair, which usually means I have better clumps than wash day, but does have more frizz. 

What i I had forgotten to mention in my introduction was that I decided to wear my waves 100% of the time now, to be a good example to my daughter, in hopes that she will eventually learn to love her curls.

I don't know if your Low Poo is CG.  I know there is no SLS but the other sodium based ingredients at the top of the list may be too harsh to be CG.  You may want to treat it like a clarifying shampoo and find a different Low Poo.

Since your hair is high porosity you may need protein.  I know I need it for my waves to maintain their integrity.
    Good to know on the Low Poo. I’m thinking I need to reread up on ingredients. 

I havent done a protein treatment in quite some time, hadn’t even given it a thought!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file