How can I get the front of my hair to curl?

Colby_JColby_J Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 1 Curl Neophyte
Hello, 
my name is Colby. I have been natural all my life but like most people I was a slave to my flatiron. In 2015 I decided to do a no heat challenge I am still doing the no heat challenge; except for occasionally blow drying my hair on low heat high speed for when I need to get my hair braided or put in a weave. I have 3c/4a curls with thick density, low porosity, and coarse hair the back of my hair curls nicely but the front of my hair from ear to hair line does not want to curl at all. The hair more so waves up but does not hold the wave for a long period of time. I have been making do by putting that section of my hair up during a wash and go however now I want to be able to do all my hair. What tips can you guys offer to help me? 
Tagged:

Answers

• Guide 65Guide 65 Registered Users, Moderators Posts: 1,984 Curl Virtuoso
    Welcome to CurlTalk!

My hair in front wants to go straight when it's dry.  I have to really baby that area.  I use more conditioner right there, and make sure it has plenty of leave in and plenty of styling products.  Are you deep conditioning?  That will help too, just make sure to add extra to the problem area.
    Formerly known as Janiegirl
    2B/2C, fine hair, low density, mixed porosity, protein loving hair
    Current products:
    Changing up my shampoos because I can't find one I like
    Deva Curl One Condition (original formula)
    Innersense I Create Volume
    Deva Curl Ultra Defining Gel
  • GretchenGretchen Administrator Moderators Posts: 10,840 Curl Virtuoso
    Hi @Colby_J!  So glad you've joined us here at CurlTalk!

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file