2A? Help please!

row.enrow.en Posts: 3Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Neophyte

I’m a newbie here and would love some help, please.

I’d always considered myself to have straight hair, but I think having a baby has changed it. I used to be able to wash and wear but it just goes frizzy now, and I have no idea how to look after it anymore. 

Could I potentially be a 2A? Anything else you can tell me about my hair would be much appreciated!

Best Answer

• row.enrow.en Posts: 3 Curl Neophyte
    Accepted Answer
    Thank you so much for the information! 😊

Answers

• Therese1Therese1 Posts: 2,563Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    Welcome to the forum!

You most definitely look like a 2A. Have you read the book Curly Girl by Lorraine Massey? She talks about basic care of curly hair: how to wash, how to style, etc. I think it would be a great introduction to your hair texture.
    Low poo: Intelligent Nutrients (IN) Harmonic; Oribe Cleansing Creme
    RO: IN Harmonic
    LI: CJ Beauticurls; Jessicurl (JC) Gelebration Spray
    DC: JC Deep Conditioning Treatment; Weleda Rosemary Conditioning Oil
    Stylers: JC Confident Coils; IN Volumizing Spray; IN Perfect Hold Hairspray; John Masters Sea Mist; Bumble Bb. Gel; Kenra Firm-Hold Gel; Sevi Blue Yarrow Sea Salt Spray
    Low-porosity 2a/b baby-fine hair
  • BrittanyMBrittanyM Posts: 1,218Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    Yes, 2a at the most. Your hair is very beautiful! It is definitely more straight than textured I would say. I wouldn't even call that frizz as a little bit of serum or lightweight oil could smooth it down. The only thing I would caution would be to rely more on the lighter side of products and application as most of us here have dryer hair and "wilder" hair than you. That's not an insult to you or anyone else here, just a suggestion since most of the products mentioned here would cause your hair to look limp, stringy, and greasy. But if you wanted a light natural leave in, you could try As I Am. But you've got beautiful hair as is. Best of luck!
  • row.enrow.en Posts: 3Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Neophyte
    Thank you so much for the information! 😊
  • GretchenGretchen Administrator Posts: 10,840Moderators Curl Virtuoso
    Welcome to CurlTalk. Your hair is beautiful!
    Check here for tons of great info. 

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file