How do you use bronzer?

ShrekLoverShrekLover Posts: 2,551Registered Users Curl Neophyte
I must be retarded, but I have no idea how you use it (I am talking about powder bronzer for the face).

TIA

Comments

• rouquinnerouquinne Posts: 13,737Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    dust it on with a big fluffy brush!

just keep this brush separate from your regular powder brush. :D buy one with a different handle or mark it with nail polish if you get one the same as others in your makeup kit.
    My blog:

http://labellatestarossa.blogspot.ca/

Little Mother of all the Roaches, President-for-Life of the MAC Harlots!
  • ShrekLoverShrekLover Posts: 2,551Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Thanks for the brush info. Another question. Where on your face do you put it and do you use over your regular makeup or alone? I really feel retarded asking these questions, but I really don't know.
    don't feel retarded - i have a lot of time on my hands to think about and experiment with these things! ;)

i would use it alone.

try this:

exfoliate wherever you feel like putting the bronzer [in addition to your face, think about the other places the sun will catch - collarbone, tops of shoulders, arms]; moisturize well; let it sit; dust with powder to make sure you're dry; dust on bronzer.

if you put too much on, take it off with a clean, dry makeup sponge, or dust regular body powder over it.

your aim is a healthy glow that will look as if you were in the sun all day - but we all know you weren't really! ;)
    My blog:

• ShrekLoverShrekLover Posts: 2,551Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Thank you! I might stop and get some on my way home tonight.
  • Confused CurlyConfused Curly Posts: 229Registered Users
    sdcurly wrote:
    Thanks for the brush info. Another question. Where on your face do you put it and do you use over your regular makeup or alone? I really feel retarded asking these questions, but I really don't know.

I'm so glad you're asking these questions! I just got back from Sephora. I loved the Nars Laguna Bronzer they had ($26). It was so bronze and shimmery. I tried it as blush and it looked great but this isn't pay week and its only May so I decided not to get it yet.

Other than using it as blush, I have no clue how to use it.

I'm planning to tan my legs in the summer but not my face and I would like it to match. I bought a floppy hat and I ordered some SPF 100 sunblock they recommended on MUA. So my face will not be getting any darker.

Rou do you know where to get a reasonably priced bronzer brush? The Nars brush is $50! I am NOT spending $50 on a brush.
    Do you know why they call it "PMS"? Because "Mad Cow Disease" was taken.
    --Unknown, presumed deceased
    use fake tanner on your legs! that's what i do. and so many companies make fake tanners and bronzers now that you can get good ones for $10.

if you want a BIG brush for bronzer, i'd check the art supply store or Target [i think Sonia Kashuk has brushes in her line] or Walmart.

Cargo has a gorgeous blush/bronzer out called BeachBlush that is several shades packed in one tin that can be used in place of blush on your face to give a warm glow.
    My blog:

• CurlyGina2CurlyGina2 Posts: 1,048Registered Users

Rou do you know where to get a reasonably priced bronzer brush? The Nars brush is $50! I am NOT spending $50 on a brush.

I have the NARS bronzer brush, and the Sephora brand bronzer brush is pretty much the same thing. I was kicking myself for buying the NARS one when I love the Sephora as much. The Sephora bronzer brush is $25. Now I have two bronzer brushes, so I use the NARS for powder :?
  • Confused CurlyConfused Curly Posts: 229Registered Users
    rouquinne wrote:
    use fake tanner on your legs! that's what i do. and so many companies make fake tanners and bronzers now that you can get good ones for $10.

if you want a BIG brush for bronzer, i'd check the art supply store or Target [i think Sonia Kashuk has brushes in her line] or Walmart.

Cargo has a gorgeous blush/bronzer out called BeachBlush that is several shades packed in one tin that can be used in place of blush on your face to give a warm glow.

I'm afraid of those things! I had a bad experience with Coppertone QT when I was 15. Orange streaks everywhere. I couldn't wear shorts for a week!

I'll stick with the NARS brinzer because Orgasm is the only blush I have ever loved.

I'm going to look at the Sonia brushes. If not I'll splurge and get the Sephora one. If I remember correctly, I actually liked its texture more than that of the NARS brush.
    Do you know why they call it "PMS"? Because "Mad Cow Disease" was taken.
    --Unknown, presumed deceased
    I had a bad experience with Coppertone QT when I was 15. Orange streaks everywhere. I couldn't wear shorts for a week!

we've come a LONG way since QT, baby!

:D

EVERYONE makes self-tanners these days! even MAC is coming out with one on Thursday!

:D

you can get them in light, medium and dark forumlae; in creams, lotions, spray-on mists, mousses and gels; and untinted or tinted so that you see if you got all your spots covered.

Bain de Soleil and, yes, even Coppertone make good ones. new this year are tinted gels from Neutrogena and Olay.

i use Banana Boat in either the spray-on mist or mousse!

DON'T get Mother Nature to give you colour [go read my column today and see why]! do it yourself, quickly and safely!
    My blog:

• SuzieSuzie Posts: 4Registered Users
    I read that you can LIGHTLY rub a Mr. Clen Magic Earaser over any streaks and they will disappear. Be careful, it can be abrasive.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file