The Only Office Curly

justkaty5justkaty5 Posts: 95Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Dabbler
So, I'm the only person in my office of around 100 people with naturally curly/wavy hair. This morning a coworker came over to my desk just to tell me she loves my hair. Bless her sweet heart. She said she wishes she had hair like mine. Then she said, "You don't even really have to work at that, do you?" Oh how that tickled me. I just told her that entirely depends on what I want it to look like. I wasn't about to diminish her sweet compliment by giving her the rundown and frustrations of my routine. Compliments are the best on days when I don't do anything special.
2c, coarse, normal porosity, medium density, currently shoulder length
CG inspired since 2018
Embracing the curly life since 1989

Comments

• GretchenGretchen Administrator Posts: 9,910Administrators, Moderators Administrator
    edited April 4
    justkaty5 said:
    So, I'm the only person in my office of around 100 people with naturally curly/wavy hair. This morning a coworker came over to my desk just to tell me she loves my hair. Bless her sweet heart. She said she wishes she had hair like mine. Then she said, "You don't even really have to work at that, do you?" Oh how that tickled me. I just told her that entirely depends on what I want it to look like. I wasn't about to diminish her sweet compliment by giving her the rundown and frustrations of my routine. Compliments are the best on days when I don't do anything special.
    Nice of her to acknowledge your curls. But the comment about how your hair is no work is kinda funny. :)

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!
  • BrittanyMBrittanyM Posts: 153Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Haha. Yeah, just wash and go, right? I wonder how many in your office are closet curlies though.
  • justkaty5justkaty5 Posts: 95Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Dabbler
    @BrittanyM I've wondered the same thing. Sooooo many women straighten out their curls every single day and wouldn't dream of wearing their hair curly. That would be akin to going out without makeup on.
    2c, coarse, normal porosity, medium density, currently shoulder length
    CG inspired since 2018
    Embracing the curly life since 1989

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file