Selling La Looks Extreme Sport Gel and Wanting to give it a new home

biogirl87biogirl87 Registered Users Posts: 30 Curl Neophyte
Hello all,

I have a bottle of La Looks Extreme Sport Gel (the blue bottle) that has been used only a few times (two wash days when I've used less than a handful each time and a pea-size amount to refresh on four-five other days). The times I've tried curly girl method I get waves/curls that still look wet after SOTC, yet crunchy at the same time.  Whether I've used gel or mousse all I ever get is frizz or wet look or crunchy waves even after SOTC. The curly girl method is just not for me I think and since I have a nearly full bottle of La Looks Extreme Sport Gel I would like to give it a new home.

I originally bought it for maybe $3.99 (at Safeway), so I think $3 would be a fair price (I am open to counter offers. Shipping is going to be $7, depending on location (if interested, PM me with your zip code and I'll be able to quote the actual cost - an offer I am willing to consider is $9 dollars with free shipping to you). 

I don't feel it would be fair to return it to the store, so if I can't get any takers here the entire bottle is going to into the trash. Please help save it from this fate.

Comments

• biogirl87biogirl87 Registered Users Posts: 30 Curl Neophyte
    Curlies, I know I posted this on April 1, but I really want to give this gel a new home. It's been sitting in my bathroom unused since the day I posted this thread.

I am willing to consider all offers, so PM me with your offer.
  • GretchenGretchen Administrator Moderators Posts: 10,840 Curl Virtuoso
    I'm sorry you've had no takers. I'm guessing people are questioning the logic of spending $10 for a product they can purchase at their local grocery for $4? Or maybe it's just not a product anyone needs right now! 

Perhaps you could donate to a local women's shelter? 

What product have you found that works well for you? 

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!
    Gretchen, my last comment was that I was considering all offers.

As far as products that I found that work for my hair, I really haven't. Right now, with hair around shoulder-collarbone length (face-framing layers are mid-neck) I can detangle dry hair fine without conditioner using just a bit of baby oil. I'm giving up on the curly girl method for the time being and feel that by the time my needs to be conditioned after every wash it'll be long enough that conditioner alone will make it wavy and then it'll be hot to the point that I'll be wearing updos most of the time, making curly girl unnecessary step.
    This gel has found its new home.
  • GretchenGretchen Administrator Moderators Posts: 10,840 Curl Virtuoso
    biogirl87 said:
    This gel has found its new home.
    Wonderful! So you're able to get waves from conditioner alone? Which conditioner do you use? 

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!
    When my hair is longer, just conditioning gets the waves to form, but I don't get definition and they don't last through the night. Not a big deal though, since hopefully by this time next year it'll be long enough to actually need conditioning it'll be contained during the hotter months.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file