dont know what to do about my hair

TutilinavTutilinav Posts: 15Registered Users Curl Neophyte
I've seen so many times on YouTube curly girls that wash their hair once a week and their hair still looks great on the 4th and 5th days and I just can't find a way to do it and still have my curls look good. 
I have 3b/3c bit longer than the shoulders hair. 
How do you keep your hair looking good troughout the week without washing every day?

Best Answer

• RimonsileyRimonsiley Posts: 40 Curl Connoisseur
    Accepted Answer
    I struggle with that too sometimes. It depends on weather, my physical activity, how was the last wash day... Too many factors :smile: Anyway, what really helps me is to moisturize my hair every morning (I use mix of water and conditioner) and putting a cream in it. When it's really bad, I do the same before I go sleep as well. I also protect my hair everytime I workout with a satin scarf and do kind of "plopping" with it (only when I am at home though, it would feel weird in a gym :smile: ).
    Last of all, it's not so bad to wash your hair 2-3 times a week. Every hair is different and if going 7 days without washing is not doing it for you, then simply shorten the interval between washes.

Answers

• GretchenGretchen Administrator Posts: 10,840Moderators Curl Virtuoso
    I struggle with that too sometimes. It depends on weather, my physical activity, how was the last wash day... Too many factors :smile: Anyway, what really helps me is to moisturize my hair every morning (I use mix of water and conditioner) and putting a cream in it. When it's really bad, I do the same before I go sleep as well. I also protect my hair everytime I workout with a satin scarf and do kind of "plopping" with it (only when I am at home though, it would feel weird in a gym :smile: ).
    Last of all, it's not so bad to wash your hair 2-3 times a week. Every hair is different and if going 7 days without washing is not doing it for you, then simply shorten the interval between washes.
    Good advice! 

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!
  • rbbrbb Posts: 4,355Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    i agree.  every needs to find what works for their hair, all hair is not the same.  
    for the past two years (and that may change) i've been washing every other day, sometimes going a 3rd day, sometimes 2 days in a row.   depending on weather, how my hair looks, my activities, my schedule.  
    find what works for you and your hair, don't worry about what some other people do.

3a, some 2c & 3b, medium texture, porosity normal, low elasticity :-(
    washing/cowashing, conditioning, protein tx: curl junkie products
    leave in:curl junkie conditioners and treatments as leave in
    styling: curl junkie 
    sealants - jane carter nourish & shine
  • Riri04Riri04 Posts: 2Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Neophyte
    edited April 2018
    I struggle with this, too! I have 2C-3A hair and for some reason I just cannot do multiple days without co-washing/washing it! 

Maybe try plopping or a pineapple to preserve the curls. Deep conditioning and lighter products might help you, too. 
  • GretchenGretchen Administrator Posts: 10,840Moderators Curl Virtuoso
    Riri04 said:
    I struggle with this, too! I have 2C-3A hair and for some reason I just cannot do multiple days without co-washing/washing it! 
    Me, either!

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!
  • Therese1Therese1 Posts: 2,563Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    There's no way I could go that long without washing my hair and still have it look good. I have to wash my hair twice a week. I generally get two decent days of curls, and after that, I wear it up because it is practically straight.

Some people's hair just does not refresh well. 
    Low poo: Intelligent Nutrients (IN) Harmonic; Oribe Cleansing Creme
    RO: IN Harmonic
    LI: CJ Beauticurls; Jessicurl (JC) Gelebration Spray
    DC: JC Deep Conditioning Treatment; Weleda Rosemary Conditioning Oil
    Stylers: JC Confident Coils; IN Volumizing Spray; IN Perfect Hold Hairspray; John Masters Sea Mist; Bumble Bb. Gel; Kenra Firm-Hold Gel; Sevi Blue Yarrow Sea Salt Spray
    Low-porosity 2a/b baby-fine hair
  • TutilinavTutilinav Posts: 15Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Riri04 said:

Maybe try plopping or a pineapple to preserve the curls. Deep conditioning and lighter products might help you, too. 
     I tried to plop and pineapple, the problem is that the back of my hair gets flat after the night....
  • Guide 65Guide 65 Posts: 1,984Registered Users, Moderators Curl Virtuoso
    Tutilinav said:
    Riri04 said:

I tried to plop and pineapple, the problem is that the back of my hair gets flat after the night....
    I have to dampen my hair in the morning, and add a tiny bit of watered down gel. then add some clips while it dries.  That brings back the curls that I've lost, and once it's dry I can fluff it up again.

And for the record, I've washed my hair every single day since I hit puberty, up until a few months ago.  I can now get second day hair, but 3 days and my hair is just too smelly and gross.
    Formerly known as Janiegirl
    2B/2C, fine hair, low density, mixed porosity, protein loving hair
    Current products:
    Changing up my shampoos because I can't find one I like
    Deva Curl One Condition (original formula)
    Innersense I Create Volume
    Deva Curl Ultra Defining Gel

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file