Can you help me determine my curl pattern?

Allie3Allie3 Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 5 Curl Neophyte
Hello, I became natural a year and 3 months ago.  My hair will spiral into curls but the curls are smaller then the pencil width I read for 3c hair. I’ve attached a picture below. Can you help me determine my pattern? Thank you. 

Best Answers

• RimonsileyRimonsiley Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 40 Curl Connoisseur
    Accepted Answer
    I wouldn't take the types description so literally. Plus, you can have multiple patterns of hair :smile: To me it looks like something between 3C/4A, but if your hair are healthy and defined (and they seem to be), it shouldn't matter so much.
  • GretchenGretchen Administrator Moderators Posts: 10,840 Curl Virtuoso
    Accepted Answer
    That is the cutest little corkscrew, @Allie3! Perfectly captured. Welcome to CurlTalk! 

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!
  • IdaraeIdarae Registered Users Posts: 1 Curl Neophyte
    Accepted Answer
    That curl is perfect looking<3 It looks like you have 3c closer to your roots and 4a the farther you go down the hair. Congrats on being a year natural! 
  • Allie3Allie3 Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 5 Curl Neophyte
    Accepted Answer
    Thank you all very much for your help and comments! <3

Answers

• CurlyMess8703CurlyMess8703 Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 18 Curl Neophyte
    I am just starting out with th curly girl method and I’m so lost! Can someone help?? I believe I have 2b/2c hair, low porosity very thick course hair. Where do I start and what products do you use? I’m trying to ditch my bun, I’ve started losing my hair due to traction alopecia, and trying to embrace my natural hair and have no clue where to start!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file