Sulfates and Cones, Please Vote

cyndicyndi Registered Users Posts: 3,341
Just curious. :D
I think that I deceive genius.:happy10:
Failed to load the poll.
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• BohemianRenegadeBohemianRenegade Registered Users Posts: 1,078
    I have been sulfate and cone free for two weeks and my hair is loving it!!
    Trying to find some sanity as I work on my master's in nursing...
  • curlylauracurlylaura Registered Users Posts: 8,352 Curl Neophyte
    I use sulfates and 'cones. They cause no problems for me.
    Fat does not make you fat. It's actually pretty important.
  • SuZenSuZen Registered Users Posts: 1,595
    I use products with small amounts of cones, but avoid anything that has cones in the middle or top of the ingredient list. No poo at all, so no sulfates.
  • kalliope999kalliope999 Registered Users Posts: 2
    I only use the cones that come out of the hair more easily. I use a sulfate shampoo (Nioxin) once a week, but all other days use sulfate-free gentle 'poos.
    3a/2a, fine, wavy/botticelli, dark brn, easily over-conditioned

Returning after long hiatus from the boards.
    Last Routine (From 2004-2005!!):
    Cleansing: Nioxin Protectives Cleanser/ST/ Moisture & Strength
    Styling: loving Nioxin Liquid Foam lately! PM Super Sculpt over a pea of creme
    Must plop & diffuse to get ringlets.

http://public.fotki.com/kalliope/hair-photos/
    PW: curly
  • blanclilablanclila Registered Users Posts: 107
    I use sulfates occasionally with no problems; too often
    and it starts irritating my scalp.

I avoid cones since they weigh down my hair.
    wavy / coarse / thick
  • kjwavykjwavy Registered Users Posts: 362
    I use any of the sulfates (SLES, ALS, ALES) except for SLS with no problem. Some of my products have a 'cone or two in them lower down in the ingredient list. I can't use anything heavy in 'cones, or else I get a greasy, weighed down mess!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Discovered nc.com in 09/2003

2b~~fine texture~~normal porosity (except for highlights, which are high)~~normal elasticity~~medium density

Shampoo: Still use sulfates, but only on roots
    Rinse out: Deva One C, JC Too Shea, Original Sprouts Deep Conditioner
    Curl Enhancers: KCCC; JC Rocking Ringlets, JC Spiralicious, & Confident Coils
    Styler: BRHG (over any and all curl enhancers) - this is the one product that I never change - absolute HG!!

I

• Faolin RuadhFaolin Ruadh Registered Users Posts: 3
    I found out the hard way that I am physically allergic to cones. They cause my skin to break out like magic, and it makes my scalp itchy as hell. It was pretty uncomfortable before I made the connection between the product and the allergy.
    Very fine, alot of it. Not sure ofType. Wavy. Loving my hair! HG- Boots Curling cream
    ~all of my avatars drawn by yours truly~
    Yahoo album- updated 6/17/04
    http://f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/jeanette_culver/my_photos
    My routine is now posted there.
  • CortniCortni Registered Users Posts: 19
    I use sulfates, but I try to stick to the gentlest ones. I don't use cones because they don't do anything for my hair.

I don't shampoo daily - just whenever a feel like it - probably a couple times a week. I put conditioner on the ends before I do, though.
    3b
  • curlyarcacurlyarca Registered Users Posts: 8,449 Curl Connoisseur
    i'm not using any sulfate products, and i avoid them.
    i use products with water soluble cones, or with cones low on the ingredients list. i try to avoid cones as a rule, however.

"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer."

4a, mbl, low porosity, normal thickness, fine hair.
  • brownilocksbrownilocks Registered Users Posts: 28
    small amounts of cones are ok. Since I don't shampoo I don't use sulfates. Too bad protiens wasn't in the vote because proteins are the worst for my hair.
    3c fine-textured shoulder-length spirals with layered cut. I Like Pantene relaxed & nat. condish, biolage gelee, and Suave aloe gel. Cutting my own hair these days, and I'm a plopper too!
  • legallycurlylegallycurly Registered Users Posts: 4
    i don't use sulfates (paves shampoo) but i use cones. the cone products i use are PM apple styling glaze (dont know what its called) and the loreal NT DT. but it's not like i use frizz-eaze or anything else that causes many people to have major build-up.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file