Results of Shea moisture curl milk

StraightPassingStraightPassing Posts: 77Registered Users Curl Connoisseur

Comments

• StraightPassingStraightPassing Posts: 77Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Posted the photos first to make sure they worked. 

The grey photo is using the Garnier ultimate blends coconut conditioner as a leave in, as you can see, my hair found that far too drying as it's already starting to frizz on the second day. 

In contrast the colour photo is the curk milk. I did use some aunt Jackie's flaxseed gel for hold but on its own that only produces waves so the curl milk is definitely creating the curliness. I''m posting this now with day three hair and though my hair is a little frizzy the curls are still very bouncy while they usually tend to frizz and drop out quite quickly. 

So I would say for my hair (low porosity, medium to coarse thickness and 3a/b) the curk milk is definitely a success. 

@PoodleNoMore, thought this might be of interest. :)
  • bomegabomega Posts: 1,353Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    @StraightPassing,

Nice. Yeah, for a little over a year, my hair really liked the Shea Moisture Coconut Hibiscus Shampoo, Conditioner, and Style Milk. Just great hair every day. I only had to stop because my hair became protein sensitive after I started using henna.
    Low-poo: Alaffia Coffee & Shea Revitalizing Shampoo for Fine/Thin Hair (summer), Alaffia Coconut & Shea Hydrating Shampoo
    Clarify: Kinky Curly Come Clean
    Rinse-out: Alaffia Coffee & Shea Revitalizing Conditioner for Fine/Thin Hair (summer), Alaffia Everyday Coconut Ultra Hydrating Conditioner
    DT: Camille Rose Naturals Algae Renew Deep Conditioner
    Leave-in: As I Am Leave-in
    Styler: Lily of the Desert 99% Aloe Vera Gelly
    Treatment: Daily tea spray; Coconut oil overnight treatment; Citric acid rinse for hard water; 2-step Henndigo w/ amla to cover gray

2C, fine, low porosity, low/medium density, protein sensitive

Looking for styling products and tools

iHerb Code KQS149 for 5% off your order
  • StraightPassingStraightPassing Posts: 77Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    That's fair enough. :) I used henna once a little over a year ago so I think my hair has probably returned to normal since but it also didn't seem to mind it at fht time despite being low porosity so clearly it's a very case by case thing. :)
  • PoodleNoMorePoodleNoMore Posts: 4Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Neophyte
    thank you @StraightPassing! I will take a look and give it a try!
  • GretchenGretchen Administrator Posts: 10,795Administrators, Moderators Administrator
    Hey @StraightPassing!  Are you happy with your hair these days? Are you still using the Shea Moisture Curl Milk?  

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file