Looking for a CG-friendly conditioner with lots of slip

junglewifejunglewife Posts: 1Registered Users Curl Neophyte
Hi! I've been a member of NaturallyCurly for a long time (under a different username and old chat boards), I remember back in the early 2000s when JessiCurl was just experimenting with making her own homemade flaxseed gel, and starting to sell it!  Anyway, my favorite beloved conditioner was Kenra Moisturizing. I stocked up every time the salons had a good deal on it.  Then in about 2006 I moved and spent about 8 years overseas (I brought enough conditioner with me to last me the whole time!) and when we moved back about 4 years ago I found that the formula for the conditioner had changed!  I have tried a LOT of different conditioners in the past few years and have found nothing to match my beloved Kenra.  Does anyone have any suggestions for me?   I love how the Kenra rinsed out so smoothly and just left my hair feeling silky, which never happens with my super coarse hair! My most recent trial was the GVP conditioning balm, but that's not great for me either.  Thank you!!!

Comments

• WavyKfromNJWavyKfromNJ Posts: 853Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    Kinky Curly Knot Today has a lot of slip
    2b, 2c,
    High Porosity - Very Fine Hair

Low Poo: Living Proof Restore Shampoo
    Rinse Out: Living Proof Restore Conditioner
    Leave In: Living Proof Curl Leave-In or Garnier 1 Minute Mask - Papaya
    Treatments: Restore Repair Leave-In, 
    Styling: Living Proof In-Shower Styler with Ouidad Advanced Climate Control Gel Stronger Hold
  • bomegabomega Posts: 1,355Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    VO5 Herbal Escapes have a lot of slip. The VO5 Moisture Milk may too. Suave Essentials Tropical Coconut does too, and other Suave Essentials may too. (Note: Other Suave are not. Nor are a few VO5. Be sure to check the label before buying).
    Low-poo: Alaffia Coffee & Shea Revitalizing Shampoo for Fine/Thin Hair (summer), Alaffia Coconut & Shea Hydrating Shampoo
    Clarify: Kinky Curly Come Clean
    Rinse-out: Alaffia Coffee & Shea Revitalizing Conditioner for Fine/Thin Hair (summer), Alaffia Everyday Coconut Ultra Hydrating Conditioner
    DT: Camille Rose Naturals Algae Renew Deep Conditioner
    Leave-in: As I Am Leave-in
    Styler: Lily of the Desert 99% Aloe Vera Gelly
    Treatment: Daily tea spray; Coconut oil overnight treatment; Citric acid rinse for hard water; 2-step Henndigo w/ amla to cover gray

2C, fine, low porosity, low/medium density, protein sensitive

Looking for styling products and tools

iHerb Code KQS149 for 5% off your order
  • CatitudeBooCatitudeBoo Posts: 590Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    TRESemmé Botanique Nourish and Replenish Conditioner.....the scent is quite heavy/musky BUT it is CG-friendly AND has lots of slip :) 
    CG since Dec. 2013  B)
    3b/c ~ fine ~ high porosity ~ low density
    No-Poo: SheaMoisture Manuka Honey & Mafura Oil Shampoo 
    RO: Tresemme Botanique Nourish & Replenish Conditioner 
    Stylers: Tresemme Flawless Curls Mousse & Extra Hold Hairspray 

• GretchenGretchen Administrator Posts: 10,840Moderators Curl Virtuoso
    I brought enough conditioner with me to last me the whole time!
    I love this! 

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!
  • justkaty5justkaty5 Posts: 103Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Connoisseur
    I've been obsessed with Garnier Fructis TREAT 1-minute hair masks. There's 5 different ones for different needs. They work as a 1-minute deep conditioner, regular rinse-out conditioner, or (and this is my favorite part) a leave-in! They are very thick and creamy and have fantastic slip. I just love them so much!
    2c, coarse, normal porosity, medium density, currently shoulder length
  • jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Posts: 20,727Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Virtuoso
    @justkaty5 ; Those sound fab! On my way to look up their ingredients and info. 
    --I'm located in Western PA.   --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, joined the forums in May 2005, started going grey in late 2005.   --My hair is 3B with some 3A, currently at mid back length when dry,  texture-medium/fine, porosity-top is low, middle is medium, ends are porous, elasticity-normal.   --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, coconut oil, honey, vinegar.   
    --My CG and grey hair progress -  
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html   
    --My article at NaturallyCurly about going grey - 
    https://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/color/how-i-went-completely-gray-and-loved-it
  • jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Posts: 20,727Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Virtuoso
    ^I had some rewards points at Amazon so I just ordered every flavor. : )
    --I'm located in Western PA.   --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, joined the forums in May 2005, started going grey in late 2005.   --My hair is 3B with some 3A, currently at mid back length when dry,  texture-medium/fine, porosity-top is low, middle is medium, ends are porous, elasticity-normal.   --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, coconut oil, honey, vinegar.   
    --My CG and grey hair progress -  
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html   
    --My article at NaturallyCurly about going grey - 
    https://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/color/how-i-went-completely-gray-and-loved-it
  • justkaty5justkaty5 Posts: 103Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Connoisseur
    @jeepcurlygurl I've used 3 of the 5. I haven't used the banana one or the one for color treated hair. The "smoothing" one with avocado is my favorite. I just really love the smell. It's also nice to have at least one product that doesn't smell like coconut :D
    2c, coarse, normal porosity, medium density, currently shoulder length

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file