Garnier Fructis TREAT 1-minute hair masks/conditioners

justkaty5justkaty5 Posts: 103Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Connoisseur
I've been using Garnier's new 1-minute hair masks recently, and I absolutely love them! They aren't the deepest of conditioning when it comes to intense moisture but are really nice when you just need a little moisture boost. The bottle says they can be used as a mask, regular conditioner, or a leave-in. Y'all, that's a serious multipurpose product. I know I know a lot of you leave-in your regular conditioner, but I like when the product actually tells me it works for what I'm using it for.

I think this product really shines as a leave-in. It's thick, but doesn't feel heavy on my hair. The Smoothing Treat with avocado extract is my favorite. I've also been trying the Nourishing Treat with coconut extract and the Damage Repairing Treat with papaya extract. There's also one for color protecting and one for strengthening, but those aren't things I need.

My favorite thing about these products is they come in a 3.4 fl oz (100 ml) size and a 13.5 fl oz (400 ml) size. The smaller size has allowed me to try out the different ones without committing to the full size.

10/10 would recommend to all my curly friends (and even the straight-haired ones too)

http://www.garnierusa.com/products/haircare/fructis-1-minute-hair-mask.aspx
2c, coarse, normal porosity, medium density, currently shoulder length

Comments

• Guide 65Guide 65 Posts: 982Registered Users, Moderators Curl Virtuoso
    I've got some of these too!  I haven't given them a good try yet, just put some in and rinsed them out, but it does seem really good!  I haven't seen the bigger tubs, just the small ones.  But they're cheap enough to buy several, and not feel guilty about it!
    Formerly known as Janiegirl
    2C/3A, fine hair, low density, mixed porosity, protein loving hair
    Current products:
    Jessicurl Gentle Lather Shampoo
    Innersense Color Radiance Conditioner
    Innersense I Create Volume
    Deva Curl Ultra Defining Gel
  • bomegabomega Posts: 1,352Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    Thanks for posting. I would never have given these a second thought because everything else from Garnier that I've looked at has 'cones in them. Definitely on my list to try!
    Low-poo: Alaffia Coffee & Shea Revitalizing Shampoo for Fine/Thin Hair (summer), Alaffia Coconut & Shea Hydrating Shampoo
    Clarify: Kinky Curly Come Clean
    Rinse-out: Alaffia Coffee & Shea Revitalizing Conditioner for Fine/Thin Hair (summer), Alaffia Everyday Coconut Ultra Hydrating Conditioner
    DT: Camille Rose Naturals Algae Renew Deep Conditioner
    Leave-in: As I Am Leave-in
    Styler: Lily of the Desert 99% Aloe Vera Gelly
    Treatment: Daily tea spray; Coconut oil overnight treatment; Citric acid rinse for hard water; 2-step Henndigo w/ amla to cover gray

2C, fine, low porosity, low/medium density, protein sensitive

Looking for styling products and tools

iHerb Code KQS149 for 5% off your order
  • ellajellaj Posts: 826Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Virtuoso
    bomega said:
    Thanks for posting. I would never have given these a second thought because everything else from Garnier that I've looked at has 'cones in them. Definitely on my list to try!
    Yes, thanks for posting this @justkaty5. I would use it as a deep treatment for sure. Before going CG I used to use many of their products, they were always priced reasonably.

Type: 2c
    Density: medium
    Porosity: high
    Thickness: fine

• GretchenGretchen Administrator Posts: 10,429Administrators, Moderators Administrator
    Thanks for this info @justkaty5

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!
  • WavycatWavycat Posts: 300Registered Users Curl Novice
    Just commenting on these.  I love them most on my hair in the evening.  I spritz my hair a little and smooth it on my ends.  I recently put some on my hair before I got my roots done and when she washed my hair she commented that usually long hair tangles but mine didn’t.  Dawned on me later it was because of slathering this on because I planned ahead because of the shampooing.  
    I’ve also been using the Sleek and Shine Zero and liked it so much I stockpiled it.  
    If I like it then it will be discontinued.  😁
    SE PA
    2C/3A med, med density,med elasticity, high porosity color-treated
    No Poo: various VO5s testing Gliss Volumizing (keratin) for summer
    Citric acid rinse or vinegar
    RO: SM Honey Mask with agave
    Conditioner only styling with water, water and more water, or jojoba + SM Superfruit
    Styler: KCCC or Ecostyler Olive Oil occasionally
    Love most oils but can't use CO in winter
  • WavyKfromNJWavyKfromNJ Posts: 771Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    It looks like all the "flavors" will be available in the larger tubs.  I had only seen coconut and avocado in the larger tubs.  Papaya tub will be in my cart soon!
    2b, 2c,
    High Porosity - Very Fine Hair

Low Poo: Living Proof Restore Shampoo
    Rinse Out: Living Proof Restore Conditioner
    Leave In: Living Proof Curl Leave-In
    Treatments: Restore Repair Leave-In, Colorful Neutral Protein Filler, Sunflower Oil Pre-poo
    Styling: Living Proof Curl Defining Styling Cream and/or Living Proof Curl Enhancing Styling Mousse
  • GretchenGretchen Administrator Posts: 10,429Administrators, Moderators Administrator
    Wavycat said: 
    If I like it then it will be discontinued.  😁
    Hahaha! Isn't that always how it goes? 

Gretchen
    3A

You are beautiful!
  • AmylizabethAmylizabeth Posts: 27Registered Users Curl Novice
    I've tried the coconut and banana treatments a couple times now.. really happy with the results (less frizz, smooth ends, doesn't feel too heavy..) but my one big complaint is how strong scented the products are.  Seriously, two days later and its all I can smell in my hair.  I work in a scent-free office, so I probably won't be repurchasing just for that reason. 
    2C/3A mix. Fine hair, and a ton of it.  Dyed blonde.
    Modified Canadian CG.
    Wash: Schwarzkopf Colour Freeze, Redken Extreme 
    CO: Garnier Whole Blends Legendary Olive
    LI: Living Proof Curl Memory
    Styling: Taliah Waajid Curl Sealer, Devacurl Wave Maker
    Refresh for 2nd Day: Devacurl Mist-er Right
    Oil: Orofluido Original Elixir
    Protein: Redken Extreme CAT Treatment
    LOTS of scrunching with tshirts.. results are big beachy waves !
  • BrittanyMBrittanyM Posts: 459Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    Scent free office? Is it because of the industry or someone complained and now has a rule for them to stay happy? Just curious as I’ve never heard of that. I have to use candles in my office because of the weird smells around here. Haha.
  • AmylizabethAmylizabeth Posts: 27Registered Users Curl Novice
    BrittanyM said:
    Scent free office? Is it because of the industry or someone complained and now has a rule for them to stay happy? Just curious as I’ve never heard of that. I have to use candles in my office because of the weird smells around here. Haha.
    Haha, it's pretty standard out where I live on the east coast.. office buildings, hospitals, schools, libraries, hotels, even some retail shops.  Allergies seem to be the main explanation for the ban on scents.  It can definitely make things challenging for finding new products!
    2C/3A mix. Fine hair, and a ton of it.  Dyed blonde.
    Modified Canadian CG.
    Wash: Schwarzkopf Colour Freeze, Redken Extreme 
    CO: Garnier Whole Blends Legendary Olive
    LI: Living Proof Curl Memory
    Styling: Taliah Waajid Curl Sealer, Devacurl Wave Maker
    Refresh for 2nd Day: Devacurl Mist-er Right
    Oil: Orofluido Original Elixir
    Protein: Redken Extreme CAT Treatment
    LOTS of scrunching with tshirts.. results are big beachy waves !
  • BrittanyMBrittanyM Posts: 459Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    Huh, im on the American east coast but in the South. It must be a cultural thing. Thanks for elaborating.
    BrittanyM said:
    Haha, it's pretty standard out where I live on the east coast.. office buildings, hospitals, schools, libraries, hotels, even some retail shops.  Allergies seem to be the main explanation for the ban on scents.  It can definitely make things challenging for finding new products!
    Interesting! 

Gretchen
    3A

You are beautiful!
  • WavyKfromNJWavyKfromNJ Posts: 771Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    I've tried the coconut and banana treatments a couple times now.. really happy with the results (less frizz, smooth ends, doesn't feel too heavy..) but my one big complaint is how strong scented the products are.  Seriously, two days later and its all I can smell in my hair.  I work in a scent-free office, so I probably won't be repurchasing just for that reason. 
    I am in NJ and I never heard of that.

I am very sensitive to some scents - the smell of spearmint nauseates me, and many other scents give me headaches.  As much as I hate those scents I would have a hard time giving up products I like that are not overly scented and can only be smelled when you are inches from me.
    2b, 2c,
    High Porosity - Very Fine Hair

Low Poo: Living Proof Restore Shampoo
    Rinse Out: Living Proof Restore Conditioner
    Leave In: Living Proof Curl Leave-In
    Treatments: Restore Repair Leave-In, Colorful Neutral Protein Filler, Sunflower Oil Pre-poo
    Styling: Living Proof Curl Defining Styling Cream and/or Living Proof Curl Enhancing Styling Mousse

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file