Pixie cut on 3B/3C curls HELP

nataalianataalia Posts: 2Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Neophyte
edited March 13 in Curly Hairstyles
 I really want a pixie cut, but I am afraid of having a little fro. I am hoping a pixie cut will be less work than my 3B/3C curls. If I were to cut my hair would it look similar to the two photos I shared? Please help I have an appointment with a hair salon soon. 

Mee
https://ibb.co/dekghx
https://ibb.co/fqSSNx
My dream Hairstyle 

https://ibb.co/n0gAaH
https://ibb.co/kKTj2x

Answers

• StraightPassingStraightPassing Posts: 77Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I definitely could work, either way you have lovely hair. :) My personal thought for haircuts is always to take face shape into consideration. Not necessarily because the old idea of '''the oval face is ideal" holds true, I don't think it does. However, I know that for me for example, because I have an odd long triangle face, hair cuts higher than my ears either make my face look boyish or angular and awkward. Much though I think women with my curl pattern look amazing with such cuts I then have to consider if it's for me. Likewise, I think pixie cuts look amazing and on your hair particularly could look really eye catching in a great way, but if you take your face shape into account that may help determine what looks good. Alternatively, if it's something you think you'd feel amazing with, go for it! I think at least part of what can sell a hair cut visually is if you feel confident wearing it, so just some thoughts. :)
  • GretchenGretchen Administrator Posts: 10,798Administrators, Moderators Administrator
    Welcome @nataalia!  Your hair is gorgeous now! Would love mine to look like that!
    Do you think your curl pattern is tighter than the example photos you showed? It looks like it to me, and I think you might indeed end up with more of a fro look. 

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!
  • nataalianataalia Posts: 2Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Neophyte
    Yes, I think the curl pattern is tighter than the example. Yeah, that's not the look I am going for, so maybe letting my hair grow is okay. @Gretchen
  • bomegabomega Posts: 1,353Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    Hi @nataalia,

I agree your hair is gorgeous! I wouldn't change a thing. I also agree that those photos show a looser curl pattern. However, I wonder it it might be possible for you to go shorter without a fro. Perhaps an edgy look with parts of the sides shaved along with longer curls?

On the other hand, I also *love* your hair as it is, and I wouldn't change a thing!. :)
    Low-poo: Alaffia Coffee & Shea Revitalizing Shampoo for Fine/Thin Hair (summer), Alaffia Coconut & Shea Hydrating Shampoo
    Clarify: Kinky Curly Come Clean
    Rinse-out: Alaffia Coffee & Shea Revitalizing Conditioner for Fine/Thin Hair (summer), Alaffia Everyday Coconut Ultra Hydrating Conditioner
    DT: Camille Rose Naturals Algae Renew Deep Conditioner
    Leave-in: As I Am Leave-in
    Styler: Lily of the Desert 99% Aloe Vera Gelly
    Treatment: Daily tea spray; Coconut oil overnight treatment; Citric acid rinse for hard water; 2-step Henndigo w/ amla to cover gray

2C, fine, low porosity, low/medium density, protein sensitive

Looking for styling products and tools

iHerb Code KQS149 for 5% off your order
  • GretchenGretchen Administrator Posts: 10,798Administrators, Moderators Administrator
    Bottom line: you should do what makes YOU happy!  If you decide to cut it, it will always grow back, of course! 

Gretchen
    3A

You are beautiful!
  • gso3006gso3006 Posts: 3Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    The last time I cut my hair that short, I swore I would never let it get long again because I loved it so much.  So easy to care for and easy to style.  One thing I remember is that shorter hair requires more maintenance than longer hair.  You have inspired me to take the plunge again, my only problem is finding someone who will and can cut it shorter.  You'd be surprised, sometimes that's not that easy.
  • klloydmajesticklloydmajestic Posts: 183Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    As mentioned above, the great thing about hair is it grows out of any cut! I cut my hair to about an inch long all over because I wanted to stop covering my silver with henna and didn't want to wait for it to grow out and have two colors. For me, cutting my hair really short was super fun and actually really empowering. It was great to have a break from all the detangling and using so much product that long hair requires. On the other hand, it does take a long time for it to grow out. Whatever you end up deciding, your hair is beautiful! :)
    3b, low porosity, CG method
    BC 6 February 2016 and growing out. . . again!
    current products: 
    • conditioner: Jessicurl Too Shea!
    • pre-poo: grapeseed oil or coconut oil
    • cleanser: currently experimenting with different things
    • deep treatment: Jessicurl Deep Treatment
    • "protein" treatment: SheaMoisture Manuka Honey & Mafura Oil Intensive Hydration Masque
    • Stylers: Fruit of the Earth 100% Aloe Vera gel or SheaMoisture Coconut & Hibiscus Curl Enhancing Smoothie

• CurledvinesCurledvines Posts: 60Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Connoisseur
    Do you have a stylist you trust? If you do not, time to find a curly-hair-trained hair professional. If you decide to cut your hair you'll need them, and you can go for a consult if you are unsure--they'll be able to tell you what to expect before the cut and if the cut will work for you. Shorter hair means a different kind of 'high maintenance' in that you'll need cuts more often than every 3 months to keep the shape, especially if sections are super short and framing your face/ears/nape. Styling can be easier, although some people find it otherwise.
    Whatever you do...Enjoy!
    2C/3A long hair with some 3C thrown in
    High Porosity, dense, coarse hair
    I make my own protein masks
    You might be able to find a stylist/salon here: https://www.naturallycurly.com/salons

Gretchen
    3A

You are beautiful!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file