Getting Perfect Ringlets with a Diffuser

AuntBeastAuntBeast Posts: 3Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Neophyte
Hi all, I have to admit that I'm stumped. I usually air dry my hair but got a trim at my local salon yesterday and was befuddled when my stylist gave me a head of perfect ringlets with her expert use of a diffuser. After cutting my hair, she put in a leave-in conditioner and DevaCurl coconut styling cream, squeezed out the excess water with a microfiber towel, and then diffused me. When I diffuse, I end up with a frizz halo, but this was utter perfection. I was marveling over my perfectly defined, frizz-free ringlets for the remainder of the day. Does anyone have any idea how to replicate those kinds of results? Is it about the kind of diffuser you use? Or not touching your hair/messing with the curl pattern? Any advice would be amazing; she inspired me to want to have these kinds of perfect curls on the daily!

Comments

• ellajellaj Posts: 826Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Virtuoso
    edited March 2018
    Hello @AuntBeast. :)

It just so happens that we have been discussing diffusers in another discussion. You may want to have a look and see.

https://curltalk.naturallycurly.com/discussion/186497/video-of-lorraine-massey-using-a-dyson-dryer

Another link for you...

https://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/learn/how-to-get-volume-curl-definition-with-your-diffuser

Type: 2c
    Density: medium
    Porosity: high
    Thickness: fine

• AuntBeastAuntBeast Posts: 3Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Neophyte
    Super helpful, @ellaj! Thanks so much! :D 
  • Therese1Therese1 Posts: 2,524Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    Are you using the same products that the stylist used?

I would call the stylist and tell her what you're experiencing and ask her what she thinks the solution is.
    Low poo: Intelligent Nutrients (IN) Harmonic; Oribe Cleansing Creme
    RO: IN Harmonic
    LI: CJ Beauticurls; Jessicurl (JC) Gelebration Spray
    DC: JC Deep Conditioning Treatment; Weleda Rosemary Conditioning Oil
    Stylers: JC Confident Coils; IN Volumizing Spray; IN Perfect Hold Hairspray; John Masters Sea Mist; Bumble Bb. Gel; Kenra Firm-Hold Gel; Sevi Blue Yarrow Sea Salt Spray
    Low-porosity 2a/b baby-fine hair
  • AuntBeastAuntBeast Posts: 3Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Neophyte
    @Therese1, yes, good idea. And yes, she used two of the same products that I use, but it could also be that her way of layering them as well as the amount she used was markedly different. I tend to err on the side of too much, because too little gives me no definition. 

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file