Been natural for a while but hair won't form curls?

Murrria23Murrria23 Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 3 Curl Neophyte
Hi all, i've been going natural for a long time now since I last rebonded my hair in 2010. However, there are specific parts of my hair that have a very weird texture, and doesn't curl like the rest of my hair does. I had difficulty finding out what my curl type is because I have different types depending on the area...

I'm not quite sure what's wrong with it, but it has been like that for a long time and nothing seems to get it to curl...

Could you please help me figure out? I just got a haircut today and these are the pictures.

Answers

• WavyKfromNJWavyKfromNJ Registered Users Posts: 853 Curl Virtuoso
    Sorry, but I don't see the problem.  I think your hair is amazing.

Maybe a trim?!
    2b, 2c,
    High Porosity - Very Fine Hair

Low Poo: Living Proof Restore Shampoo
    Rinse Out: Living Proof Restore Conditioner
    Leave In: Living Proof Curl Leave-In or Garnier 1 Minute Mask - Papaya
    Treatments: Restore Repair Leave-In, 
    Styling: Living Proof In-Shower Styler with Ouidad Advanced Climate Control Gel Stronger Hold
  • bomegabomega Registered Users Posts: 1,355 Curl Virtuoso
    I think your hair looks lovely - I wouldn't change a thing! Welcome to nc.com. :)
    Low-poo: Alaffia Coffee & Shea Revitalizing Shampoo for Fine/Thin Hair (summer), Alaffia Coconut & Shea Hydrating Shampoo
    Clarify: Kinky Curly Come Clean
    Rinse-out: Alaffia Coffee & Shea Revitalizing Conditioner for Fine/Thin Hair (summer), Alaffia Everyday Coconut Ultra Hydrating Conditioner
    DT: Camille Rose Naturals Algae Renew Deep Conditioner
    Leave-in: As I Am Leave-in
    Styler: Lily of the Desert 99% Aloe Vera Gelly
    Treatment: Daily tea spray; Coconut oil overnight treatment; Citric acid rinse for hard water; 2-step Henndigo w/ amla to cover gray

2C, fine, low porosity, low/medium density, protein sensitive

Looking for styling products and tools

iHerb Code KQS149 for 5% off your order
  • Murrria23Murrria23 Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 3 Curl Neophyte
    Sorry, but I don't see the problem.  I think your hair is amazing.

Maybe a trim?!
    Thank you! I just got a haircut yesterday and those are the pictures.

My issue is with the curls on the back, maybe it's not as clear in the picture but they aren't as curly or shiny as the curls on the front/side. That's what my issue was. I'll edit my post with a picture that'll hopefully explain :D 
  • Murrria23Murrria23 Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 3 Curl Neophyte
    bomega said:
    I think your hair looks lovely - I wouldn't change a thing! Welcome to nc.com. :)
    Thank you! I guess it isn't clear here.. I really like the curls on my front sides but the back doesn't curl and isn't the same.. I don't know, but i'll try to edit the post and put up a proper picture, maybe that'll make it clearer. :D 
  • GretchenGretchen Administrator Moderators Posts: 10,840 Curl Virtuoso
    Welcome,  @Murria23.  I see that your hair more "waves" in the back, rather than forming ringlets, but it's pretty just as it is. You could try doing the skip curl method back there if you wanted, but honestly, I wouldn't mess with it. It's beautiful! 

https://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/curly-hair-care-methods/the-skip-curl-method  Go to the bottom for a description of the technique. 

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file