Growing out an undercut :)

frizzfullsamifrizzfullsami Posts: 8Registered Users Curl Neophyte
edited February 2018 in Growing out

Hey! I'm a somewhat new CG and while transitioning over I've also been growing out a shaved undercut. I was curious if anyone has suggestions to not only helping grow the shorter hair but any products that they use to curl super short hair, the products I use on my long hair just seem to clump all the curls together and flatten them to the back of my head.

I'm between a 2C-3B hair. Any suggestions would be great!

Comments

• justkaty5justkaty5 Posts: 103Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Connoisseur
    Giiiiirl, I've been living that life for a year now. Where is your undercut? Mine was on the nape of my neck, shaved to about mid-ear. The good thing for mine was I could hide the awkward growth. I had hair down to my hips until about 6 months ago. The last time I cut the undercut was last January. I decided to grow it out because I was tired of the upkeep (although I miss having it). After I started to get some growth, it drove me crazy that the rest of my hair was so long. <Side note: I was also growing out bangs at the same time.> I decided to chop my hair off to above shoulder length to try to make the "undergrowth" process more pleasant.

I don't really have any tips because I only started learning about curly hair stuff in the last 4 months or so. My biggest tip is patience. I also learned some new ways to wear my hair so that the awkward length of my undercut didn't show. I wore a lot of headbands last summer to keep the undercut put away while the rest of my hair was in a ponytail. I spent tons of time on Youtube to find hairstyles that were fun while I waited for everything to be longer.

Ultimately, cutting my long hair short was what saved my sanity. I hate my short hair, but now I'm growing all of it instead of just pieces.

Stay strong, and good luck!
    2c, coarse, normal porosity, medium density, currently shoulder length
  • frizzfullsamifrizzfullsami Posts: 8Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    @justkaty5 Mine is in the same spot! A little smaller area as its not quite to my ears. Its growing at a pretty steady rate but its still only a couple inches long and I am not nearly ready to chop all my hair to that length. Headbands are a good idea! Maybe I’ll try with tiny silk headscarves as my hair gets pretty grumpy rubbing up against any material that isn’t silk. We shall see! Thanks for your response.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file