Refreshing 2nd 3rd day curls

.coconut..coconut. Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 14 Curl Novice
Hey curlies, I think im missing something on how to refresh my curls/ daily moisturize, 
The first pic is my wash day hair... I have done the loc method as usually  and i slept with a pineapple on a satin pillow case... the next morning I woke up like that..no curls and messy hair..I tried to refresh my curls by sprayd distilled water with aloe vera juice and then applyed shea moisture coconut hibiscus milk... just cant get the curls back or a moisture feeling :/ 
Please tell me how you do it so i can try to change this :smile:

Best Answer

• bomegabomega Registered Users Posts: 1,355 Curl Virtuoso
    Answer ✓
    Yeah, I hear ya on the outer dryness. Again, take a look at those videos - they might have an idea that helps you.

If your hair is prone to breakage, perhaps you might benefit from regular protein treatments? If that is something you want to explore, here is an how to do IAGirl's Gelatin Protein Treatment (a very inexpensive option): http://science-yhairblog.blogspot.com/2014/04/gelatin-protein-treatment-recipe-update.html

And here is a vegetarian option if you are over 21 ;)http://science-yhairblog.blogspot.com/2012/04/what-cookin-vegetarian-protein.html
    Low-poo: Alaffia Coffee & Shea Revitalizing Shampoo for Fine/Thin Hair (summer), Alaffia Coconut & Shea Hydrating Shampoo
    Clarify: Kinky Curly Come Clean
    Rinse-out: Alaffia Coffee & Shea Revitalizing Conditioner for Fine/Thin Hair (summer), Alaffia Everyday Coconut Ultra Hydrating Conditioner
    DT: Camille Rose Naturals Algae Renew Deep Conditioner
    Leave-in: As I Am Leave-in
    Styler: Lily of the Desert 99% Aloe Vera Gelly
    Treatment: Daily tea spray; Coconut oil overnight treatment; Citric acid rinse for hard water; 2-step Henndigo w/ amla to cover gray

2C, fine, low porosity, low/medium density, protein sensitive

Looking for styling products and tools

iHerb Code KQS149 for 5% off your order

Answers

• bomegabomega Registered Users Posts: 1,355 Curl Virtuoso
    I don't think your day 2 hair looks that bad. I agree it is less curly than the day 1 hair, but I see a lot of curls there in the day 2 picture.

Did you do any scrunching after you applied the water/aloe/style milk? Check out these videos on refreshing (the first two posts): https://curltalk.naturallycurly.com/discussion/182078/sleeping-and-refreshing

But I'll be honest, I don't have any day 2 hair to speak of myself. This is an area I'm still working on.

Low-poo: Alaffia Coffee & Shea Revitalizing Shampoo for Fine/Thin Hair (summer), Alaffia Coconut & Shea Hydrating Shampoo
    Clarify: Kinky Curly Come Clean
    Rinse-out: Alaffia Coffee & Shea Revitalizing Conditioner for Fine/Thin Hair (summer), Alaffia Everyday Coconut Ultra Hydrating Conditioner
    DT: Camille Rose Naturals Algae Renew Deep Conditioner
    Leave-in: As I Am Leave-in
    Styler: Lily of the Desert 99% Aloe Vera Gelly
    Treatment: Daily tea spray; Coconut oil overnight treatment; Citric acid rinse for hard water; 2-step Henndigo w/ amla to cover gray

2C, fine, low porosity, low/medium density, protein sensitive

Looking for styling products and tools

iHerb Code KQS149 for 5% off your order
  • .coconut..coconut. Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 14 Curl Novice
    hm I feel you..it just feels like its very prone to breakage and its the outer layers that lack the curls so from outside looks like its just frizzy..I feel you, thanks for answering! 
  • .coconut..coconut. Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 14 Curl Novice
    thanks a lot :) 
  • WavyKfromNJWavyKfromNJ Registered Users Posts: 853 Curl Virtuoso
    You may need more protein.  You can add some Colorful Neutral Protein Filler to your spray bottle.  You can buy it at Sally's or Amazon.

Just make sure you refrigerate it between uses.
    2b, 2c,
    High Porosity - Very Fine Hair

Low Poo: Living Proof Restore Shampoo
    Rinse Out: Living Proof Restore Conditioner
    Leave In: Living Proof Curl Leave-In or Garnier 1 Minute Mask - Papaya
    Treatments: Restore Repair Leave-In, 
    Styling: Living Proof In-Shower Styler with Ouidad Advanced Climate Control Gel Stronger Hold

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file