Half updos.

TutilinavTutilinav Registered Users Posts: 15 Curl Neophyte
lately I've been wearing my hair in an half bun but I want to try some more half updos.
Do any of you have any suggestions?

Answers

• WavyKfromNJWavyKfromNJ Registered Users Posts: 853 Curl Virtuoso
    It would help if we knew more about your hair, esp. length & curl pattern.  Also lots of ideas on the Naturally Curly website.
    2b, 2c,
    High Porosity - Very Fine Hair

Low Poo: Living Proof Restore Shampoo
    Rinse Out: Living Proof Restore Conditioner
    Leave In: Living Proof Curl Leave-In or Garnier 1 Minute Mask - Papaya
    Treatments: Restore Repair Leave-In, 
    Styling: Living Proof In-Shower Styler with Ouidad Advanced Climate Control Gel Stronger Hold
  • ellajellaj Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 826 Curl Virtuoso
    @Tutilinav I have shorter hair but I can manage many half updos. Here is a photo of one that is created by a simple twist of the sides. You can join them with a hair friendly tie or use hair pins. I use a small barrette.

Type: 2c
    Density: medium
    Porosity: high
    Thickness: fine

• GretchenGretchen Administrator Moderators Posts: 10,840 Curl Virtuoso
    Pretty!

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!
  • TutilinavTutilinav Registered Users Posts: 15 Curl Neophyte
    @WavyKfromNJ I have 3b-3c hair 
    a little bit longer than the sholders 
  • haylstormsxhaylstormsx Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 3 Curl Neophyte
    Try pulling pieces back in twists - you can play with how far down you go! I like to do a half French braid and clip it in, leaving the end unbraided. You can even do a mix of braids and twists as you pull it back. 

I always do some variety of twists because it helps me keep volume in the style. 

I like experimenting with pulling it half back only on one side! Be careful of the curls when you're pulling it back though because sometimes you can completely ruin the pattern! Have fun and experiment - work with the curl pattern as to not split them! Bobby pins here are your friend! 
  • GretchenGretchen Administrator Moderators Posts: 10,840 Curl Virtuoso
    Try pulling pieces back in twists - you can play with how far down you go! I like to do a half French braid and clip it in, leaving the end unbraided. You can even do a mix of braids and twists as you pull it back. 

I always do some variety of twists because it helps me keep volume in the style. 

I like experimenting with pulling it half back only on one side! Be careful of the curls when you're pulling it back though because sometimes you can completely ruin the pattern! Have fun and experiment - work with the curl pattern as to not split them! Bobby pins here are your friend! 
    Great suggestions!

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file