Lorraine Massey's new potions.

WavyKfromNJWavyKfromNJ Posts: 853Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
edited February 16 in Going Gray
I started reading Lorraine Massey's new book for silver hair.  In one of the chapters it mentions a product called "With or Without Hue".  A Google search turns up a trademark for this product that was filed by Curly World LLC. The book describes this as a blue conditioning toner.  So it looks like Lorraine is coming out with some new products.
2b, 2c,
High Porosity - Very Fine Hair

Low Poo: Living Proof Restore Shampoo
Rinse Out: Living Proof Restore Conditioner
Leave In: Living Proof Curl Leave-In or Garnier 1 Minute Mask - Papaya
Treatments: Restore Repair Leave-In, 
Styling: Living Proof In-Shower Styler with Ouidad Advanced Climate Control Gel Stronger Hold

Comments

• WavyKfromNJWavyKfromNJ Posts: 853Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    I did more digging. She has applied for trademarks for several new products.

I would list the products, but don't want to run afoul of a bunch of lawyers.  I think I can safely say there will eventually be a full line of products.

Here is a link to the trademark information.
     https://trademarks.justia.com/owners/curly-world-llc-3552671/
    2b, 2c,

Styling: Living Proof In-Shower Styler with Ouidad Advanced Climate Control Gel Stronger Hold
  • jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Posts: 20,656Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Virtuoso
    edited February 16
    I look forward to trying them when they come out!  I've had grey hair for a decade longer than she has so I've already tried most everything out there and didn't really like any of them. Nothing beats red/gold corrector mixed with my own conditioner (not drying and super cheap!). I hope she has something good and economical. 

And I really enjoyed her new book. 
    --I'm located in Western PA.   --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, joined the forums in May 2005, started going grey in late 2005.   --My hair is 3B with some 3A, currently at mid back length when dry,  texture-medium/fine, porosity-top is low, middle is medium, ends are porous, elasticity-normal.   --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, coconut oil, honey, vinegar.   
    --My CG and grey hair progress -  
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html   
    --My article at NaturallyCurly about going grey - 
    https://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/color/how-i-went-completely-gray-and-loved-it
  • curlyamarylliscurlyamaryllis Posts: 338Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I cannot wait! I make my own toning conditioner by mixing a blue-based purple semi (like Manic Panic) with conditioner, but it's hard to make it consistent and semis seem to be inconsistent in general. Sometimes you'll get the same color and it's different, and sometimes that's because they switched the formula without warning, and sometimes it's just different and the next bottle you get is like before. 

I'd use the commercially available purple shampoos/conditioners, but they're (a) almost never CG, and (b) they are awful as shampoos/conditioners. They'll tone just fine, but they don't actually clean or moisturize.
    CG since May 1, 2016
    3a, fine, thin, normal porosity, no dye, greying naturally
    Devacurl Weightless Waves Low Poo & Conditioner, B'Leave-in and Ultra Defining Gel
    Curl Junkie Spiral Lotion in low humidity
    Ouidad Advanced Heat & Humidity Gel mixed with UDG for high humidity
    at home gelatin PT
    Hask Argan Oil Deep Conditioner
  • Corrina777Corrina777 Posts: 3,204Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    It will be a while before my hair is fully gray (I’ve just reached the point where you can see a good amount of individual silver strands up close), but this is exciting. 
    Can I also point out that I enjoyed seeing that she’s using a triskele in the logo... not that I’m biased or anything :)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    3a/f/iii
    Modified CG since 11/5/11
    CLEANSE: CJ Daily Fix, DevaCare No-Poo, CHS Treatment Shampoo
    RO: SS Caitlin's Conditioner, CJ Beauticurls Strengthening
    LI: SS Repairing Protein Treatment, CHS Silk Leave-In
    STYLE: Re:Coil, Curl Keeper, Deva Ultra Defining Gel, Curls Rock Amplifier,Sweet Curls Elixirs Okra Gel and Hard Hold Gel, SS Curl Enhancing Jelly and Firm Hold Gel
  • jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Posts: 20,656Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Virtuoso
    I enjoyed that too, @Corrina777!  : ) 
    --I'm located in Western PA.   --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, joined the forums in May 2005, started going grey in late 2005.   --My hair is 3B with some 3A, currently at mid back length when dry,  texture-medium/fine, porosity-top is low, middle is medium, ends are porous, elasticity-normal.   --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, coconut oil, honey, vinegar.   
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html   
    https://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/color/how-i-went-completely-gray-and-loved-it
  • rbbrbb Posts: 4,345Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    lorraine has a new website about to be launched (i think end of march), thecurlyworld.com.   it looks as tho it will ask questions about your hair and tailor products for your individual hair.  

not sure how that will work, but i am interested in seeing where it goes.

3a, some 2c & 3b, medium texture, porosity normal, low elasticity :-(
    washing/cowashing, conditioning, protein tx: curl junkie products
    leave in:curl junkie conditioners and treatments as leave in
    styling: curl junkie 
    sealants - jane carter nourish & shine
  • bomegabomega Posts: 1,353Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    I'm really curious about this too. I saw a talk were it sounds like it is going to be all natural type stuff.
    Low-poo: Alaffia Coffee & Shea Revitalizing Shampoo for Fine/Thin Hair (summer), Alaffia Coconut & Shea Hydrating Shampoo
    Clarify: Kinky Curly Come Clean
    Rinse-out: Alaffia Coffee & Shea Revitalizing Conditioner for Fine/Thin Hair (summer), Alaffia Everyday Coconut Ultra Hydrating Conditioner
    DT: Camille Rose Naturals Algae Renew Deep Conditioner
    Leave-in: As I Am Leave-in
    Styler: Lily of the Desert 99% Aloe Vera Gelly
    Treatment: Daily tea spray; Coconut oil overnight treatment; Citric acid rinse for hard water; 2-step Henndigo w/ amla to cover gray

2C, fine, low porosity, low/medium density, protein sensitive

Looking for styling products and tools

iHerb Code KQS149 for 5% off your order
  • SavagegirlSavagegirl Posts: 373Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Lorraine has 5 or 6 new items so far that are soon to be released and yes, it will all be botanical based. 
    __
    2C-3A Fine, medium density, long
    Modified CG Method / Natural Only since 2015
    :thumbright:
    Canadian Mama!
    @Savagegirl--what type are they?    Any info on them?

The only one i know for sure is a scalp refreshing mist
    __
    Canadian Mama!
  • WavyKfromNJWavyKfromNJ Posts: 853Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    There is a picture of WITH OR WITHOUT HUE in Chapter 6 of her book.  I am also guessing by her trademark request she is going back to the curl by curl cut.
    2b, 2c,

• GretchenGretchen Administrator Posts: 10,751Administrators, Moderators Administrator
    Has anyone seen a press release or official announcement about the new products?

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!
    This morning her website curlyworld was up for a bit.  Had 4products. Poo conditioner gel and toner.  No ingredients no descriptions but did have price.   
    Now website is back to just original page 
    so maybe sometime this week?

• GretchenGretchen Administrator Posts: 10,751Administrators, Moderators Administrator
    We heard the products are supposed to launch Friday, but we haven't received a press release or anything like that, which you'd think they'd have sent out. Perhaps there's a delay. 

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!
    there are always delays, but from the activity/no activity on website, seems like they are close to launching.  yes, i thought there would have been maybe something before, like emails to the addresses that people signed up with on website.  we'll see. 
    i am hoping the prices i saw on website yesterday were not correct.....  

just got an email from shey (i think that is lorraine's daughter) at curlyworld announcing the launch of their products.  cleanser, conditioner and blue toner.  the gel is not ready yet.  i cannot find a list of ingredients on the website, any able to?
    and nothing about the salon.

I got the email  but haven't had a chance to check out the website yet!
    I emailed shey asking about ingredients.  She said the lists of ingredients is coming. 

• Guide 65Guide 65 Posts: 1,638Registered Users, Moderators Curl Virtuoso
    Kind of weird containers, no?  I wonder if they're actually going to come packaged like that, like giant sachets with a screw top.
    Formerly known as Janiegirl
    2B/2C, fine hair, low density, mixed porosity, protein loving hair
    Current products:
    Changing up my shampoos because I can't find one I like
    Deva Curl One Condition (original formula)
    Innersense I Create Volume
    Deva Curl Ultra Defining Gel
  • CurlyLiliCurlyLili Posts: 64Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Connoisseur
    Only 3 products available so far, but more to come soon (according to her Instagram). Wish I lived in the US, because ordering only cleanser and conditioner to Europe would amount to 100€ after taxes, customs fee and shipping. But I am hoping there will be an option to order from within Europe soon.
    Type: 3a/3b
    Hair strand thickness: medium/coarse
    Density: thick
    Porosity: low at roots/normal mid-shaft/high at ends
    Sensitivity to protein: no

Cleanse: SM 100% Virgin coconut daily hydration, DC Low-poo
    Clarify: Build up buster, Trepadora Gojiberry Mint Reviving hair rinse
    DT: DC Melt into moisture, SM Manuka honey & Mafura oil, occasional fermented rice water
    Condition: DC One Condition and One Condition Decadence
    Leave-in: Kinky Curly Knot Today
    Style: DC ArcAngel, DC UDG, Curl Keeper Original
    Refresher: diluted conditioner in a spritz bottle

• BrittanyMBrittanyM Posts: 890Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    I really want to try the with or without hue. I'm not keen on the packaging. How am  I supposed to put this on my shelf without it falling over? I wonder if its to cut down on packaging costs or if its an environmentally sound effort or both?
    Does anyone have a picture of the packaging?
    __
    Canadian Mama!
    It's on the website. Curlyworld.com.    Click on top left menu then click on productd

I thought the containers seemed environmentally conscious and they look like the bottoms are flat and will make them stand upright. I could be wrong tho!
    If they are for environment reason, I wonder how they would recycle versus widely accepted recyclables of no 1 and 2. The packaging is definitely intriguing and unique. But as always, it's the inside that counts. I'd buy anything if it works well regardless of packaging. I'd say from a consumer aspect, knowing Lorraine Massey's reputation, it seems that what's inside is enough on its own without trying to woo people with carefully crafted design and eye catching packaging.
    I can't wait for people to start trying it so we can talk about more than just the packaging. :smile:
  • CurlyLiliCurlyLili Posts: 64Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Connoisseur
    The ingredients have been added to the website.

DT: DC Melt into moisture, SM Manuka honey & Mafura oil, occasional fermented rice water

@CurlyLili -- where?  i cannot access the ingredients.  only the products. how did you get to them?

@rbb Under the description of each product and "how to use" 

You have to click on it and not open a new tab, but I see they are there now. I see mostly fatty alcohols and a few emollients. Middle of the list is Shea Butter and Coconut Oil. I'm surprised to see oils considering her recent thoughts on the use of oils. I personally like oils, so this doesn't bother me. Maybe it's because they are lower on the list? by the way, I like the design of the website. Even if the layout is a bit generic, I like the No sulfates (backspace) silicone (backspace), etc.
    Not sure my hair would like having glycerin so near the top of the ingredients list, but if they ever sell sample sizes I would give them a try.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file