A little accident

nikkyariananikkyariana Posts: 24Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Novice
Hey guys!
So I emptied a spray bottle that only had water, and put a bit of aloe vera juice, lavender oil and conditioner so I could refresh my curls. I put it a little tiny bit in my hair but it smelled like the old product (that had a lot of silicones) I didn't apply much and it was to a small portion of my hair. Also the bottle smelled like aloe but the little spray part smelled a little like the old product. Do you think I sould wash my hair once with a sulfate shampoo? Is there any way that I somehow got silicones on my hair? Thank you :smile:

Best Answers

• GretchenGretchen Administrator Posts: 10,840 Curl Virtuoso
    edited February 2018 Accepted Answer
    Welcome, @nikkyariana ! So glad to have you here!

It's possible the bottle had residue from the old product if it hadn't been cleaned with soap. 

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!
  • jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Posts: 20,727 Curl Virtuoso
    Accepted Answer
    I wouldn't think that tiny about of 'bab' hair product would matter. I've been CG for 13 years and haven't used a sulfate shampoo in all that time, even tho I do experiment with products on occasion that contain silicones. 
    --I'm located in Western PA.   --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, joined the forums in May 2005, started going grey in late 2005.   --My hair is 3B with some 3A, currently at mid back length when dry,  texture-medium/fine, porosity-top is low, middle is medium, ends are porous, elasticity-normal.   --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, coconut oil, honey, vinegar.   
    --My CG and grey hair progress -  
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html   
    --My article at NaturallyCurly about going grey - 
    https://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/color/how-i-went-completely-gray-and-loved-it

Answers

• nikkyariananikkyariana Posts: 24Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Novice
    edited February 2018
    Hi, thank you very much! I'm loving everyone here so far!

Nooooo, I just started my journey 5 days ago, didn't want to go back to sulfates even if it's only once :( I'm sad now, I'm such a perfectionist. Well, better now than later, I guess.
    Thank you @Gretchen
  • nikkyariananikkyariana Posts: 24Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Novice
    @jeepcurlygurl Thank you so much, you put my mind to rest! I'm such a perfectionist that when I do something wrong my entire mood changes haha I already tried the CG method two years ago, but we didn't have anything curly friendly in Portugal, and I was too young to order online. Now I'm 18 so I can, and decided to start again and I won't stop for sure! (I want those beautiful ringlets from my profile picture agaaain) 
    Also, saw your recent update on your hair and you're a huge inspiration, it's stunning, so long and healthy! :blush:
  • Therese1Therese1 Posts: 2,563Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    I doubt that it caused any problem because it was such a small amount. I wouldn't worry about it.
    Low poo: Intelligent Nutrients (IN) Harmonic; Oribe Cleansing Creme
    RO: IN Harmonic
    LI: CJ Beauticurls; Jessicurl (JC) Gelebration Spray
    DC: JC Deep Conditioning Treatment; Weleda Rosemary Conditioning Oil
    Stylers: JC Confident Coils; IN Volumizing Spray; IN Perfect Hold Hairspray; John Masters Sea Mist; Bumble Bb. Gel; Kenra Firm-Hold Gel; Sevi Blue Yarrow Sea Salt Spray
    Low-porosity 2a/b baby-fine hair

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file