"Unanswered" questions that have been answered long ago

Guide 65Guide 65 Posts: 1,980Registered Users, Moderators Curl Virtuoso
In the "unanswered" section on the right side of the page, there is a post that keeps popping up from December.  It has 6 replies, but it keeps coming up under "unanswered".  Is there any way to make that go away?   I thought it disappeared for a while, but it's back again.

Formerly known as Janiegirl
2B/2C, fine hair, low density, mixed porosity, protein loving hair
Current products:
Changing up my shampoos because I can't find one I like
Deva Curl One Condition (original formula)
Innersense I Create Volume
Deva Curl Ultra Defining Gel

Comments

• jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Posts: 20,722Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Virtuoso
    I noticed that too and it bugs me. I try to check the unanswered questions regularly to see if I can help and when I go there and it's just that long ago answered question it makes me growly.
    --I'm located in Western PA.   --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, joined the forums in May 2005, started going grey in late 2005.   --My hair is 3B with some 3A, currently at mid back length when dry,  texture-medium/fine, porosity-top is low, middle is medium, ends are porous, elasticity-normal.   --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, coconut oil, honey, vinegar.   
    --My CG and grey hair progress -  
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html   
    --My article at NaturallyCurly about going grey - 
    https://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/color/how-i-went-completely-gray-and-loved-it
  • GretchenGretchen Administrator Posts: 10,840Administrators, Moderators Administrator
    I wonder if it's because they haven't been answered under the new software? Or because the OP didn't mark one "accepted".  Can someone get me a link of an example? 

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!
  • bomegabomega Posts: 1,353Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    edited February 2018
    It's the "How do I make a hair journal?" thread that comes back. I think what is happening is that people answer and every now and then the OP has come back, and rejects all the answers, which makes the thread come back. Not sure why she does this because she has made positive reactions to some of the answers (I think she gave me a like for mine).
    Low-poo: Alaffia Coffee & Shea Revitalizing Shampoo for Fine/Thin Hair (summer), Alaffia Coconut & Shea Hydrating Shampoo
    Clarify: Kinky Curly Come Clean
    Rinse-out: Alaffia Coffee & Shea Revitalizing Conditioner for Fine/Thin Hair (summer), Alaffia Everyday Coconut Ultra Hydrating Conditioner
    DT: Camille Rose Naturals Algae Renew Deep Conditioner
    Leave-in: As I Am Leave-in
    Styler: Lily of the Desert 99% Aloe Vera Gelly
    Treatment: Daily tea spray; Coconut oil overnight treatment; Citric acid rinse for hard water; 2-step Henndigo w/ amla to cover gray

2C, fine, low porosity, low/medium density, protein sensitive

Looking for styling products and tools

iHerb Code KQS149 for 5% off your order
  • jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Posts: 20,722Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Virtuoso
    Now that I think about it, I don't even know how one rejects or accepts an answer!  I ask questions here all the time and have never seen where I have to accept an answer. 
    --I'm located in Western PA.   --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, joined the forums in May 2005, started going grey in late 2005.   --My hair is 3B with some 3A, currently at mid back length when dry,  texture-medium/fine, porosity-top is low, middle is medium, ends are porous, elasticity-normal.   --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, coconut oil, honey, vinegar.   
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html   
    https://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/color/how-i-went-completely-gray-and-loved-it
    I asked a question once, and when I got answers, I got a pop-up periodically to accept or reject the answer. It does give the option to dismiss the pop-up.
    Low-poo: Alaffia Coffee & Shea Revitalizing Shampoo for Fine/Thin Hair (summer), Alaffia Coconut & Shea Hydrating Shampoo
    Rinse-out: Alaffia Coffee & Shea Revitalizing Conditioner for Fine/Thin Hair (summer), Alaffia Everyday Coconut Ultra Hydrating Conditioner
    Treatment: Daily tea spray; Coconut oil overnight treatment; Citric acid rinse for hard water; 2-step Henndigo w/ amla to cover gray

• GretchenGretchen Administrator Posts: 10,840Administrators, Moderators Administrator
    Yeah, she hasn't "accepted" an answer on that thread. So I guess that's why it pops up in unanswered. 

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!
    Well, to be more accurate, it pops up Unanswered again after she logs back in and rejects all the new responses. (You can see right now it is not listed in the Unanswered section, I think because of your last response still being "open".)

I have pop-up blockers so maybe that's why I've never seen that when I ask a question. But if I didn't "accept" any answers, wouldn't it go to the Unanswered listing? 
    edited February 2018
    No, because you also didn't "Reject" all the answers. Click on the "Recent Discussions", then scrolling down, you can see there are some threads that have a "Question" tag, an "Answered" tag and an "Accepted Answer" tag under it.

^I have seen those, but why don't I see "Question" on my own questions?
    edited February 2018
    ^I have seen those, but why don't I see "Question" on my own questions?
    If you click on the New Discussion button, you get a dropdown, with options: [New Discussion, New Poll, Ask a Question]. Perhaps you only ever started a type 'New Discussion' thread?

I never even noticed that drop down menu before! Thanks!
    You're welcome. :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file