Skiing trip, helmet hair?

AstaGAstaG Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 4 Curl Neophyte
So I'm going on a skiing trip soon and I want to know if anybody has any tips on what to do with my hair?
Don't want to have helmet hair. I almost never wear a cap or anything because my hair will be crushed down and flat but don't think I'll be able to not wear either.
So I'm looking for some tips for hairstyles that will look good after some time with a helmet :smile:

Best Answer

• bomegabomega Registered Users Posts: 1,355 Curl Virtuoso
    edited February 2018 Accepted Answer
    You could try plopping into the helmet. (ETA-Instructions for plopping into a t-shirt or towel...into a helmet might be easier since you dont have to tie up the towel: https://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/curl-products/to-plop-or-not-to-plop) You will probably want a knit hat? The Sciency Hair Blog has instructions on how to line a winter hat with smooth material (ETA: Here is the link: http://science-yhairblog.blogspot.com/2011/12/lining-winter-hats.html?m=1). You could do that, then put that hat inside the helmet, with the edge of the hat flipped over the edge of the helmet to keep it in place, then plop into *that* and then release the edge of the hat to your head so your forehead and back of your head can stay warm.
    Low-poo: Alaffia Coffee & Shea Revitalizing Shampoo for Fine/Thin Hair (summer), Alaffia Coconut & Shea Hydrating Shampoo
    Clarify: Kinky Curly Come Clean
    Rinse-out: Alaffia Coffee & Shea Revitalizing Conditioner for Fine/Thin Hair (summer), Alaffia Everyday Coconut Ultra Hydrating Conditioner
    DT: Camille Rose Naturals Algae Renew Deep Conditioner
    Leave-in: As I Am Leave-in
    Styler: Lily of the Desert 99% Aloe Vera Gelly
    Treatment: Daily tea spray; Coconut oil overnight treatment; Citric acid rinse for hard water; 2-step Henndigo w/ amla to cover gray

2C, fine, low porosity, low/medium density, protein sensitive

Looking for styling products and tools

iHerb Code KQS149 for 5% off your order

Answers

• WavyKfromNJWavyKfromNJ Registered Users Posts: 853 Curl Virtuoso
    A braid, or a scarf should work.  
    2b, 2c,
    High Porosity - Very Fine Hair

Low Poo: Living Proof Restore Shampoo
    Rinse Out: Living Proof Restore Conditioner
    Leave In: Living Proof Curl Leave-In or Garnier 1 Minute Mask - Papaya
    Treatments: Restore Repair Leave-In, 
    Styling: Living Proof In-Shower Styler with Ouidad Advanced Climate Control Gel Stronger Hold
  • GretchenGretchen Administrator Moderators Posts: 10,840 Curl Virtuoso
    Great tips, ladies!

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!
  • AstaGAstaG Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 4 Curl Neophyte
    Thank you for your answers! Will try both :) just need to learn to braid my hair. 
  • GretchenGretchen Administrator Moderators Posts: 10,840 Curl Virtuoso
    Love to hear how the ski trip goes!

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file