Am I 4a 4b 4c? Help

_Midnight_Midnight Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 10 Curl Neophyte
I been doing research and thought I understood it but just as easily a different video or forum says otherwise and I’m lost all over again. Can I please have help identifying my type 4 hair category? I also couldn’t tell if I should identify it when it’s dry or wet so I have pictures of both. 

(Bare with me I’m new to this website and I didn’t know how to attach the photos so I added them in the comments)

Best Answer

• Iciepop09Iciepop09 Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 10 Curl Neophyte
    Accepted Answer
    Seems like 4a to me lol I have the same coils.
    3c/4a 
    Thick, Coarse
    Medium-Low Porosity

Wash day#1: Rhassoul red clay (Olive oil, Jojoba, Argan, Castor, Vit E, and Peppermint), No conditioner needed. 2xmonth
    Wash day#2Bentonite Clay (Olive oil, Avocado, Jojoba, Sweet Almond, and Lavender Oil), follow with a Protein/moisturizing DC 2xmonth (Shampoo used if needed: Pure oils Shampoo by Silk Elements)
    Oil Mix Sealant : Olive Oil/Jojoba base, Argan, Vit E, Avocado, JBCO, and Peppermint
    Whipped Butter mix: Mango/Rosemary/Shea Butter with Olive oil, Jojoba, Castor, and Sweet Almond.
    Stylers: Shea Moisture hair smoothie and Eco style Flaxseed gel. 

Answers

• _Midnight_Midnight Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 10 Curl Neophyte
  • _Midnight_Midnight Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 10 Curl Neophyte
    Would you say it’s a mix of any 2 or 3? That’s another thing I’m unsure of lol
  • @hairnbyutwriter@hairnbyutwriter Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 13 Curl Novice
    Looks like 3C :) I like the curl pictures in this link https://blackhairspot.com/blog/hair-talk/andre-walker-hair-types/ And your curls look bigger than type 4 to me.

Follow me on Twitter @hairnbyutwriter
    My professional writing for BHS: Hair and Beauty Writer

• Iciepop09Iciepop09 Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 10 Curl Neophyte
    wet 4a can look like a dry 3c :P you could have a mix. 
    3c/4a 
    Thick, Coarse
    Medium-Low Porosity

Wash day#1: Rhassoul red clay (Olive oil, Jojoba, Argan, Castor, Vit E, and Peppermint), No conditioner needed. 2xmonth
    Wash day#2Bentonite Clay (Olive oil, Avocado, Jojoba, Sweet Almond, and Lavender Oil), follow with a Protein/moisturizing DC 2xmonth (Shampoo used if needed: Pure oils Shampoo by Silk Elements)
    Oil Mix Sealant : Olive Oil/Jojoba base, Argan, Vit E, Avocado, JBCO, and Peppermint
    Whipped Butter mix: Mango/Rosemary/Shea Butter with Olive oil, Jojoba, Castor, and Sweet Almond.
    Stylers: Shea Moisture hair smoothie and Eco style Flaxseed gel. 

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file