Gel or product recommendations fr 3A hair?

lizfreiheitlizfreiheit Posts: 2Registered Users Curl Neophyte
edited February 10 in Hair Type 3
I have fine, low porosity type 3A hair and I can't seem to find a ride or die gel or product. I was using Shea moisture curling gel souffle and it was pretty good but I felt like I could get a bit more hold with a bit less crunch, then I tried the Eco Style olive oil gel which everyone seems to love but I'm getting like no hold from it on the plus side my curls are very soft. I have tried many other products but none have stuck out and worked. So any recommendations? Thanks.

Answers

• curlyamarylliscurlyamaryllis Posts: 301Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Hold = crunch. If you want strong hold, you're going to have crunch. You can scrunch it out, though, which is the secret to gel.

In the price range of SM and Ecostyler, LA Looks Sports Gel is strong hold for less and I'd suggest anyone at least try it. You have to scrunch it out, and I highly recommend having conditioner in your hair under it.

Kinky Curly Curling Custard is serious hold and frizz control, available at Whole Foods and online, but more expensive

I'm a huge fan of Devacurl Ultra Defining Gel, but it is a tad pricey. That over B'Leave-in is my good hair guarantee.
    CG since May 1, 2016
    3a, fine, thin, normal porosity, no dye, greying naturally
    Devacurl Weightless Waves Low Poo & Conditioner, B'Leave-in and Ultra Defining Gel
    Curl Junkie Spiral Lotion in low humidity
    Ouidad Advanced Heat & Humidity Gel mixed with UDG for high humidity
    at home gelatin PT
    Hask Argan Oil Deep Conditioner
  • .coconut..coconut. Posts: 11Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Neophyte
     i tryed the devacurl one and it makes my hair a bit crunchy, but recently I got cantu define and shine custard and its ok if you put oil before :) even tough I find that gels make my hair feel dryer :/
  • GretchenGretchen Administrator Posts: 9,329Administrators, Moderators Administrator
    Have you tried Curly Hair Solutions Curl Keeper? 

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!
  • lauren1127lauren1127 Posts: 1Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    The bouncecurl light cream gel is my ride or die. I've been using it for about a year now and it's the only product I will use. It make my curls super defined but it won't make your hair crunchy! 
  • GretchenGretchen Administrator Posts: 9,329Administrators, Moderators Administrator
    Thanks for the rec, @lauren1127 ! I'm not familiar with that product but will have to try it! 

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file