How do I prevent overconditioning?

abayucfabayucf Posts: 1Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Neophyte
I have tried cg method a few times over the years and in the beginning, my curls look amazing, but after a short time they clearly become overconditioned. I'm preparing to try it again, but I'm currently dealing with overconditioning without even going cg yet! I'm about to do an Aphogee treatment to add some protein back into my hair, but how do I prevent this again as I transition to a no-poo routine?

I will typically use Curl Junkie Daily Fix as my co-wash, then KCKT if I think I need it, then KCCC for style or Biolage Gelee. I just use Suave Clarifying Shampoo every now and then to get any build-up out.

Any help would be much appreciated. 

Answers

• MeiMei Posts: 259Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    The long and short of it is, clarify more often to prevent over-conditioning, or find a lighter co-wash or conditioner/leave-in. You can also do ACV mixed with water if you don't want to always use a clarifying shampoo to remedy the over-conditioning. I clarify once a week sometimes twice if I need it.
    Multicultural (Caucasian/Filipina)
    2b/2c - f - iii - low porosity - normal elasticity
    Holy Grail: Matrix Biolage Cleansing Conditioner for Curly Hair
    I rotate through the rest of my products depending on weather and etc but usually don't need them
    I try not to use products tested on animals if I can help it.
    Link: Updated hair picture January 2017

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file