Er, what’s my Curl type?

StillunsureonmycurltypeStillunsureonmycurltype Posts: 9Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Neophyte

Hi! I have a TWA right now and with product my hair is very curly, without it is a fuzzy looser (but still very curly) curl.

These are the pics, first one is the top, second and third are the sides, last one is the back. 

I want to solidify what I’m assuming to make it easier to nail down what I can use and have probable success and what I shouldn’t use because it may not work for me. I find the descriptions of the curl types a bit confusing, as it doesn’t specify if it means from waste of curl to edge of curl or if it’s from the loop or “hole” from the curl. I have a ton of curls where a sharpie can fit and others where a pencil can fit, like the fat ones from dixon Ticonderoga, others can fit a straw but not a coffee stirrer as there would be a bit of space for 2 or 3 to fit in the curl.

***NOTE: they have product in them, and I feel like I’m Coarse since I can take many products without feeling like my hair would be greasy. I put on 3 products and an oil to make sure it’ll last a while. Also, my hair can get wet fairly easy but takes a while to dry all the way down to the scalp,  sometimes taking 24 hours, other times taking 8. I’m still learning my since I never cared for it before in life, and so far it’s fun lol.

It can also, as lucky as I am, take any product, be it protein in it or glycerin in it, doesn’t mind coconut, does act weird to avocados 

edit: Yes I am aware that I can have multiple curl textures on one head. And it’s one of the things I love about curly hair!

second edit: after remeasuring the curl diameters (?) a sharpie is too big for the crown area

Best Answer

• Guide 65Guide 65 Posts: 460Registered Users, Moderators Curl Connoisseur
    Accepted Answer
    Ooh, pretty curls!  I'm not good at curly typing - maybe a 3C or 4A?  You can take the texture quiz, it might help.  https://www.naturallycurly.com/quiz

And welcome to CurlTalk!

Answers

• ClaraJJansenClaraJJansen Posts: 4Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I would say 3b, but im not sure:))
  • QuoththeRavenQuoththeRaven Posts: 6Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I would say that your hair is close to a 3C or 4A since the curls are tight and look like they coil more than forming a "S" shape. But you should definiately do a texture/curl type quiz. Remember, all curls are not the same, and you may have 2 or more curl types in your hair.
  • MichelleMichelle Administrator Posts: 737Administrators, Moderators Administrator
    You may want to check out the Texture Quiz, which will help you determine not only your curl type but also porosity, density and width: https://www.naturallycurly.com/quiz
    Michelle
    co-founder
    NaturallyCurly.com
  • StillunsureonmycurltypeStillunsureonmycurltype Posts: 9Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Neophyte
    I took the test and I seem to be mostly a 3c, but I took it a few times reading the descriptions of each and by my temples I have 4a (?), the top is smaller than a sharpie but bigger than a pencil, while the ones above my forehead, back of my head and sides seem to fit the 3c type to a T. I don't know exactly what the top is, but I'll bunch it with the rest of the 3c since thats all I can do for now lol. Thank you for the suggestion! 

3c/4a it is

I guess a cooler thing of having a curlier type than the rest is that when it grows long it'll give awesome volume hehe ;)
  • GretchenGretchen Administrator Posts: 9,329Administrators, Moderators Administrator
    I took the test and I seem to be mostly a 3c, but I took it a few times reading the descriptions of each and by my temples I have 4a (?), the top is smaller than a sharpie but bigger than a pencil, while the ones above my forehead, back of my head and sides seem to fit the 3c type to a T. I don't know exactly what the top is, but I'll bunch it with the rest of the 3c since thats all I can do for now lol. Thank you for the suggestion! 

3c/4a it is

I guess a cooler thing of having a curlier type than the rest is that when it grows long it'll give awesome volume hehe ;)
    So glad you've joined us here at CurlTalk! 

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file