Your hair looks like a profesionnal perm!

larinnalarinna Posts: 16Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Novice
I wasn't sure at the beginnig if I should put this in the category  "Hall of Fame" or "Hall of Shame"...  But finally, since I decided to embrace my curls, and a profesionnal perm is suppose to look good, I decide to write it here.

I had a meeting today and a lady asked me if I had a perm recently...   "No, I always had curly hair, they just curl a lot more (not wanting to get into the explanation of the new routine and products, etc). " 

"Oh, I've never notice how curly they are!"  lol

A lot of people think I get a perm because of my curly hair...  Funny, isn't it?  ;)

2C-3A Fine, thin density, medium lenght, not sure about porosity
Co-washing
Was using chemical hair dye transitioning to natural hair dye
37 years young Canadian mother of 4 kids (18 yo B, 11 yo B, 9 yo B and 7 yo G)
LOVES make up, hair trend, theater and music
English is NOT my first language so I might make some mistakes...

Comments

• M. Le FayM. Le Fay Posts: 17Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Novice
    That also happens to me!! :smiley:
  • GretchenGretchen Administrator Posts: 10,333Administrators, Moderators Administrator
    edited February 5
    Back when people would ask me "Is that a perm?" I would say, "Uh, yeah, it's permanent, all right!"

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!
  • jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Posts: 20,450Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Virtuoso
    I know some people take offence when people ask if it's a perm, but I take it as a compliment (even if it wasn't one!). : ) 
    --I'm located in Western PA.   --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, joined the forums in May 2005, started going grey in late 2005.   --My hair is 3B with some 3A, currently at mid back length when dry,  texture-medium/fine, porosity-top is low, middle is medium, ends are porous, elasticity-normal.   --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, coconut oil, honey, vinegar.   
    --My CG and grey hair progress -  
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html   
    --My article at NaturallyCurly about going grey - https://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/seniors/how-i-went-completely-gray-and-loved-it
  • socurlssocurls Posts: 129Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Dabbler
    Yes it happens to me too ! Ahah  :D  
     But when I say " no it's my hair that naturally curls "  they do not believe me.. :# :cold_sweat:  
    I just created an Instagram account on the evolution of my curly hair journey ! 
    It will be a pleasure to find you there  :)

https://www.instagram.com/socurls/

@socurls
  • Therese1Therese1 Posts: 2,159Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    I've had people ask me if my curl was natural before, and they look a little surprised when I tell them yes. I think most people assume that curly hair is permed hair. I'm the opposite--I am always surprised to find out that someone has permed hair and not natural curls!
    Low poo: Intelligent Nutrients (IN) Harmonic; Oribe Cleansing Creme
    RO: IN Harmonic
    LI: CJ Beauticurls; Jessicurl (JC) Gelebration Spray
    DC: JC Deep Conditioning Treatment; Weleda Rosemary Conditioning Oil
    Stylers: JC Confident Coils; IN Volumizing Spray; IN Perfect Hold Hairspray; John Masters Sea Mist; Bumble Bb. Gel; Kenra Firm-Hold Gel; Sevi Blue Yarrow Sea Salt Spray
    Low-porosity 2a/b baby-fine hair

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file