Cannot find my hair type.

mzluckymzlucky Posts: 1Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Neophyte
I know this has probably been asked to death on here, but I thought I'd give it a shot. I was natural about 3-4 years ago and pressure plus my not being as educated about curly hair made me go back to getting relaxers. Now I've been binge watching youtube and I feel like I'm more ready to give my hair the love it deserves. I only have two pictures of my natural hair and I wanted some help on finding out my hair type so I can follow certain beauty gurus and try to find a starting point for me. Thank you

Best Answer

• bomegabomega Posts: 1,355 Curl Virtuoso
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @mzlucky : Welcome to nc.com. Good for you for embracing your natural hair texture. My guess would be 3c. Could be a type 4, but I'd put my money on 3c. However, to really give your hair what it needs, you might want to consider learning your hair's other properties (hair width, porosity, density) as these will have a greater influence on what types of products and styling techniques will work best for your hair. There is a guide in the newbie threads to help you figure this out if you want to pursue it.
    Low-poo: Alaffia Coffee & Shea Revitalizing Shampoo for Fine/Thin Hair (summer), Alaffia Coconut & Shea Hydrating Shampoo
    Clarify: Kinky Curly Come Clean
    Rinse-out: Alaffia Coffee & Shea Revitalizing Conditioner for Fine/Thin Hair (summer), Alaffia Everyday Coconut Ultra Hydrating Conditioner
    DT: Camille Rose Naturals Algae Renew Deep Conditioner
    Leave-in: As I Am Leave-in
    Styler: Lily of the Desert 99% Aloe Vera Gelly
    Treatment: Daily tea spray; Coconut oil overnight treatment; Citric acid rinse for hard water; 2-step Henndigo w/ amla to cover gray

2C, fine, low porosity, low/medium density, protein sensitive

Looking for styling products and tools

iHerb Code KQS149 for 5% off your order

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file