Looking for Mousse Recs for Fine Hair

CTcurlygirlCTcurlygirl Posts: 15Registered Users Curl Neophyte
Hi curlies! I am looking for recs for mousse. I have very fine, low porosity 3a-3b hair that is very easily weighed down and loves mousse much more than gel. My hair seems to love a less is more approach and I am trying to streamline to as few products as possible which seems to be the way my hair wants to go. I have not noticed any protein or other sensitivity. The characteristics in a mousse that I need most are:

- curl enhancing / encouraging
- volume enhancing / does not weigh down
- moisturizing
- provides decent hold
- CG friendly

I would LOVE any recs!! :) 

Comments

• Raging RedheadRaging Redhead Posts: 8Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Neophyte
    I'm needing the same recommendations. I need something that gives me volume, thickens and hold at the roots. My hair is baby fine, thin, porous at the ends,2b to 3a (with some encouragement), loves protein, hates glycerin. 
    Hoping someone leaves some recs. I've tried the hard hold gels, currently BRHG, but as soon as I scrunch out the crunch, there is no hold left. I have the Curl Keeper gel and original, same thing. Gels just don't seem to work for me. While they're wet it looks like I'm going to have nice root lift-although, there is too much scalp showing-but then I take out the clips and scrunch it out and it's flat. Also have the Herbal Essence mousse, it gives better hold, but still not enough. I'm getting really tired of spending so much money for products that make big promises and literally fall flat for me.  
    2b mostly, 3b underneath in back, fine, low density, porous.
    Modified CG, doing no sulfate shampoo, no cone's. 
    Product junkie and not happy with any product yet.
  • trishamn1963trishamn1963 Posts: 4Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Neophyte
    I very highly recommend Not Your mothers natural blue sea minerals gel. It's got no glycerine, polyquats or protein and I get light and bouncy curls from it with a very light cast.
  • trishamn1963trishamn1963 Posts: 4Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Neophyte
    oh, correction, it's the blue sea mineral mousse, sorry.
  • MamaJTBMamaJTB Posts: 27Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Novice
    The Devacurl Frizz Free Volumizing Foam is good for all the issues in the original post, but it doesn’t really have much hold unless paired with a gel.  I use it with Deva Arc Angel gel on top for hold, which is their strongest hold gel, but it pairs nicely with all three Deva gels.  I also have low porosity, fine, 3A hair.
    2C/3A, low porosity, thin density, color treated, protein sensitive

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file