What's my hair type? Also lots of questions

abbadab18abbadab18 Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 1 Curl Neophyte
Hello!
I'm new to the naturally curly website, but fairly seasoned in the CGM department. So 2 years ago, I had long flowing 3a 3b hair (as least from my perspective) pictured below. I loved my curls, I hardly had to do anything to them and didn't even follow the curly girl method then (those were the days.) I decided to chop off my hair and get shoulder/collarbone length hair and the curls seem to never have bounced back completely. I now have 2b 2c hair, I think, but I would like advice. I've read that there's a hair type where when short it's wavy and when long it's curly, which seems so counter intuitive, but it makes sense for my hair. Or maybe it's hormones, I'm not sure. Does anyone have advice to get my curl and volume back or does it just come down to growing it out and keeping it healthy again.
My hair does not like too much moisture, and if I over condition it gets weighed down easily, I do a protein deep condition weekly to get definition back. I'm pretty sure I have low porosity, I have a lot of hair, but it's finely textured. I use Deva Curl Delight Line, the Supercream, Ultra Defining Gel, and the Anti Frizz Volumizing Foam (Huge Deva Curl kick right now). I scrunch all my products in and plop in a microfiber towel/air dry. If someone could could give me advice on why my hair went from curly to wavy, and what you think my hair type is, and what products and things I should be using that would be great! Thank you!

Comments

• bomegabomega Registered Users Posts: 1,355 Curl Virtuoso
    Hi @abbadab18 : Welcome to nc.com. So...here's the thing. From the photos you posted, it doesn't look to me like your hair went from curly to wavy. It's a little hard to tell, because you changed your part, but it looks like on the side your part is, that side looks a little less curly, in both the "Before" and "After" picture. In addition, from this angle, in the "After" picture, the full side appears to have the same curl type. Also, I think your hair looks great in that after picture (it looks good in the before too. :)) So I think you should just keep doing what your are doing...
    Low-poo: Alaffia Coffee & Shea Revitalizing Shampoo for Fine/Thin Hair (summer), Alaffia Coconut & Shea Hydrating Shampoo
    Clarify: Kinky Curly Come Clean
    Rinse-out: Alaffia Coffee & Shea Revitalizing Conditioner for Fine/Thin Hair (summer), Alaffia Everyday Coconut Ultra Hydrating Conditioner
    DT: Camille Rose Naturals Algae Renew Deep Conditioner
    Leave-in: As I Am Leave-in
    Styler: Lily of the Desert 99% Aloe Vera Gelly
    Treatment: Daily tea spray; Coconut oil overnight treatment; Citric acid rinse for hard water; 2-step Henndigo w/ amla to cover gray

2C, fine, low porosity, low/medium density, protein sensitive

Looking for styling products and tools

iHerb Code KQS149 for 5% off your order

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file