I'm a newbie.. Any help?

Natib15Natib15 Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 2 Curl Neophyte

I would like to know my porosity, density and hair type to make sure.. I started using 'Pura D'or Curl therapy' shampoo and conditioner. I stopped using the creamer one because I felt so light weight. I started to switch my shampoos from dove to cantu and ogx but I stopped because I wanted more natural and organic products which I'm using Pura D'or. I might use the basic hair loss because lately I have been losing more hair strands than usual. Don't know if its because of change I'm trying to do with my hair and stay natural. I'm a beginner in this journey and I'm trying to be patient and reach my goal. That how my hair looks as you can see in the picture. I used to have really, really thick hair, I would usually trim my hair every 3 to 6 months and it would grow a lot. My hair hasn't grown much at this point, only a little bit. I guess starting out like this got me going crazy, maybe that's why. I also use 'Miss Jessies Jelly Soft Curls.' 

I'm sorry, I just feel like I need more tips and help about my curls to be healthy again.

Best Answer

• Guide 65Guide 65 Registered Users, Moderators Posts: 1,984 Curl Virtuoso
    Accepted Answer
    Welcome to NC!  You might want to start with the texture quiz here https://www.naturallycurly.com/quiz 

Your hair is very pretty!  I love how full and thick it is.  It seems like you're using good products (I'm not familiar with Pura D'Or, but it's probably better than Dove or OGX).  Don't worry about the hair shedding.  We all lose something like 150 hairs a day, and that's perfectly normal.
    Formerly known as Janiegirl
    2B/2C, fine hair, low density, mixed porosity, protein loving hair
    Current products:
    Changing up my shampoos because I can't find one I like
    Deva Curl One Condition (original formula)
    Innersense I Create Volume
    Deva Curl Ultra Defining Gel

Answers

• bomegabomega Registered Users Posts: 1,355 Curl Virtuoso
    Hi @Natib15 : Welcome to nc.com! I think your hair looks great in your photo! Honestly, I would just keep doing what you are doing there. But what are your concerns?
    Low-poo: Alaffia Coffee & Shea Revitalizing Shampoo for Fine/Thin Hair (summer), Alaffia Coconut & Shea Hydrating Shampoo
    Clarify: Kinky Curly Come Clean
    Rinse-out: Alaffia Coffee & Shea Revitalizing Conditioner for Fine/Thin Hair (summer), Alaffia Everyday Coconut Ultra Hydrating Conditioner
    DT: Camille Rose Naturals Algae Renew Deep Conditioner
    Leave-in: As I Am Leave-in
    Styler: Lily of the Desert 99% Aloe Vera Gelly
    Treatment: Daily tea spray; Coconut oil overnight treatment; Citric acid rinse for hard water; 2-step Henndigo w/ amla to cover gray

2C, fine, low porosity, low/medium density, protein sensitive

Looking for styling products and tools

iHerb Code KQS149 for 5% off your order
  • GretchenGretchen Administrator Moderators Posts: 10,840 Curl Virtuoso
    Welcome, @Natib15!  Your hair is beautiful!

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!
  • NubieQueenNubieQueen Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 1 Curl Neophyte
    edited January 2018
    Hello,

I'm took the texture a couple of times and got different results.   The results were 3C & 3B.  l your hair type dictates how you should care m hair, I'd like to get it right.  Is there for a analysis to be made from pictures of your hair after shampooing/Conditioning?

Thank you!

• bomegabomega Registered Users Posts: 1,355 Curl Virtuoso
    edited January 2018
    Hello,

I'm took the texture a couple of times and got different results.   The results were 3C & 3B.  l your hair type dictates how you should care m hair, I'd like to get it right.  Is there for a analysis to be made from pictures of your hair after shampooing/Conditioning?

Thank you!

HI @NubieQueen : Welcome to nc.com. The curl type (3c/3b on you) is more of a descriptor and might influence how to care for your hair. But your hair properties (hair width, porosity, density) will more directly influence what types of products and techniques will work for your hair. There is a guide in the newbie threads of Curltalk that can help you determine these.

However, if you want some help, you can buy an analysis from Goosefootprints on Etsy where you send in hair samples (according to her instructions) and she will send back an analysis of your hair along with product and care recommendations. I think it costs $35, but there is a wait list. Goosefootprints is the same as the owner of the Sciency Hair Blog. You can read more about her ideas there. She also has some guidance on determining your hair properties: DIY Hair Analysis
    Low-poo: Alaffia Coffee & Shea Revitalizing Shampoo for Fine/Thin Hair (summer), Alaffia Coconut & Shea Hydrating Shampoo
    Clarify: Kinky Curly Come Clean
    Rinse-out: Alaffia Coffee & Shea Revitalizing Conditioner for Fine/Thin Hair (summer), Alaffia Everyday Coconut Ultra Hydrating Conditioner
    DT: Camille Rose Naturals Algae Renew Deep Conditioner
    Leave-in: As I Am Leave-in
    Styler: Lily of the Desert 99% Aloe Vera Gelly
    Treatment: Daily tea spray; Coconut oil overnight treatment; Citric acid rinse for hard water; 2-step Henndigo w/ amla to cover gray

2C, fine, low porosity, low/medium density, protein sensitive

Looking for styling products and tools

iHerb Code KQS149 for 5% off your order
  • GretchenGretchen Administrator Moderators Posts: 10,840 Curl Virtuoso
    Welcome @NubieQueen!  So glad you're a part of our curl community! 

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!
  • Natib15Natib15 Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 2 Curl Neophyte
    Guide 65 said:
    Welcome to NC!  You might want to start with the texture quiz here https://www.naturallycurly.com/quiz 

Your hair is very pretty!  I love how full and thick it is.  It seems like you're using good products (I'm not familiar with Pura D'Or, but it's probably better than Dove or OGX).  Don't worry about the hair shedding.  We all lose something like 150 hairs a day, and that's perfectly normal.

I get stressed out, I'm sorry but thanks for the compliment :) lately my curls looks healthy and I was my hair every 3 to 4 days a week. I took the quiz, apparently I'm a 3a but I would add with 2c, too because sometimes I get some 'S' waves at the top of my hair. With high porosity and medium density. 

I would like some recommendations to what products I would love to try, to experience for a healthy hair and grow long. Any thing familiar with scalp treatment? 
  • Kinky Curly-Coily MeganKinky Curly-Coily Megan Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 67 Curl Connoisseur
    Do you use a deep conditioner and a leave in. Conditioner in your hair? 

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file