Best Way to Refresh Curls?

nrazzberrynrazzberry Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 5 Curl Neophyte
I've recently begun my transition to curly hair and have been having a really tough time refreshing my curls (Especially because I have to tie my hair up to play sports which flattens my curls.) I've watched almost every video out there of how to refresh, and nothing seems to work. My hair always ends up becoming frizzy, flat and VERY tangled (I've tried adding a TON of water and it still doesn't work.) They're also never nearly as defined as day one. Any tips? (Especially for both after waking up and working out?) Thanks!

Answers

• bomegabomega Registered Users Posts: 1,355 Curl Virtuoso
    Hi @nrazzberry : I think responded to your other thread...but let's take a look at your day 1 routine - lot of the success of a refresh routine depends on a good day 1 routine. What products and techniques are you using? Also do you know your hair properties (hair width, porosity, density)? There is a guide in the newbie section that can help you figure this out if you need to.
    Low-poo: Alaffia Coffee & Shea Revitalizing Shampoo for Fine/Thin Hair (summer), Alaffia Coconut & Shea Hydrating Shampoo
    Clarify: Kinky Curly Come Clean
    Rinse-out: Alaffia Coffee & Shea Revitalizing Conditioner for Fine/Thin Hair (summer), Alaffia Everyday Coconut Ultra Hydrating Conditioner
    DT: Camille Rose Naturals Algae Renew Deep Conditioner
    Leave-in: As I Am Leave-in
    Styler: Lily of the Desert 99% Aloe Vera Gelly
    Treatment: Daily tea spray; Coconut oil overnight treatment; Citric acid rinse for hard water; 2-step Henndigo w/ amla to cover gray

2C, fine, low porosity, low/medium density, protein sensitive

Looking for styling products and tools

iHerb Code KQS149 for 5% off your order
  • nrazzberrynrazzberry Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 5 Curl Neophyte
    edited January 2018
    @bomega Yeah you did lol sorry I didn't see your response before I made this. I tried what you recommend with the diluted leave-in conditioner, however, but am still getting the same, frizzy and flat results. Maybe it's because it's weighed down? I use DevaCurl No Poo and One Condition, then style with their Ultra Defining Gel. I gently put the gel all over, then scrunch. I think my hair has a medium density, low/medium porosity (sometimes the water will just sit on my hair and be repelled, while others it will soak it up quickly) and medium thickness. 

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file