Ways to fix razor cut?

MeghankeMeghanke Posts: 1Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Neophyte
edited January 26 in Salon/Stylist Chatter
Help! A stylist just used razor scissors to thin out my 3A hair— she used them on my dry hair and the result was disastrous. Jagged uneven ends, split ends and frizz galore, and no curl left.

I don’t know what to do! I fear going to another stylist isn’t an option because it’s already much too short is places (coming to about my shoulder at its longest) but I also can’t do anything with it besides pull it back into a bun. Just awful. Any suggestions?? Is this something a curly hair stylist can even fix? 

Best Answers

• Guide 65Guide 65 Posts: 1,706 Curl Virtuoso
    Accepted Answer
    I think the only way to fix it is to have it cut again.  Depending on how far up she razored it, it might need to be cut really short.  If you don't want to do that, then I think the only solution is to wait for it to grow.  I feel for you - the last non-Deva cut I got my stylist did that to me. 
    Formerly known as Janiegirl
    2B/2C, fine hair, low density, mixed porosity, protein loving hair
    Current products:
    Changing up my shampoos because I can't find one I like
    Deva Curl One Condition (original formula)
    Innersense I Create Volume
    Deva Curl Ultra Defining Gel
  • jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Posts: 20,684 Curl Virtuoso
    Accepted Answer
    Sorry that happened to you @Meghanke!  Ditto @Guide 65 You'll either need to get it recut (and hopefully find someone good to do it) or let it grow out. Frustrating. 
    --I'm located in Western PA.   --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, joined the forums in May 2005, started going grey in late 2005.   --My hair is 3B with some 3A, currently at mid back length when dry,  texture-medium/fine, porosity-top is low, middle is medium, ends are porous, elasticity-normal.   --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, coconut oil, honey, vinegar.   
    --My CG and grey hair progress -  
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html   
    --My article at NaturallyCurly about going grey - 
    https://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/color/how-i-went-completely-gray-and-loved-it

Answers

• bomegabomega Posts: 1,353Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    edited January 27
    I'm so sorry this happened to you. My only other suggestion is keep working your hair care routine to keep your hair healthy and hydrated. Likely the frizz will settle down in a few days, and your curls and clumps will come back.
    Low-poo: Alaffia Coffee & Shea Revitalizing Shampoo for Fine/Thin Hair (summer), Alaffia Coconut & Shea Hydrating Shampoo
    Clarify: Kinky Curly Come Clean
    Rinse-out: Alaffia Coffee & Shea Revitalizing Conditioner for Fine/Thin Hair (summer), Alaffia Everyday Coconut Ultra Hydrating Conditioner
    DT: Camille Rose Naturals Algae Renew Deep Conditioner
    Leave-in: As I Am Leave-in
    Styler: Lily of the Desert 99% Aloe Vera Gelly
    Treatment: Daily tea spray; Coconut oil overnight treatment; Citric acid rinse for hard water; 2-step Henndigo w/ amla to cover gray

2C, fine, low porosity, low/medium density, protein sensitive

Looking for styling products and tools

iHerb Code KQS149 for 5% off your order

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file