LOC

AndMarieMooreAndMarieMoore Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 17 Curl Neophyte
edited January 2018 in High Porosity
I‘ve been doing the LOC method recently and I just wanted to knowing if I was using the right products in the right order. First I put in the Coco & Hibicus Curl Enchancing Smoothie. Secondly I put in my oils and for the last step I put on the Coco & Hibicus Curl and Style Milk and/or gel.

Am I using the right products for LOC method?

Best Answer

• bomegabomega Registered Users Posts: 1,355 Curl Virtuoso
    Accepted Answer
    I think the Curl and Style Milk is a little more like a leave-in conditioner than a gel/curl cream in that it doesn't have a strong hold like a gel type of product would. What gel are you using? For the C part of the LOC you could try the SM Coconut Hibiscus Curling Gel Souffle. LA Looks Sports Gel is a pretty popular hard hold gel, but it has a paraben in it. Ecostyler is too, but be sure to get the newer formula without TEA (should be available at Sally's but check the label).
    Low-poo: Alaffia Coffee & Shea Revitalizing Shampoo for Fine/Thin Hair (summer), Alaffia Coconut & Shea Hydrating Shampoo
    Clarify: Kinky Curly Come Clean
    Rinse-out: Alaffia Coffee & Shea Revitalizing Conditioner for Fine/Thin Hair (summer), Alaffia Everyday Coconut Ultra Hydrating Conditioner
    DT: Camille Rose Naturals Algae Renew Deep Conditioner
    Leave-in: As I Am Leave-in
    Styler: Lily of the Desert 99% Aloe Vera Gelly
    Treatment: Daily tea spray; Coconut oil overnight treatment; Citric acid rinse for hard water; 2-step Henndigo w/ amla to cover gray

2C, fine, low porosity, low/medium density, protein sensitive

Looking for styling products and tools

iHerb Code KQS149 for 5% off your order

Answers

• WavyKfromNJWavyKfromNJ Registered Users Posts: 853 Curl Virtuoso
    If you like your hair with these products, they are the right products.

If you don't like your hair they are wrong. Or because we are curlies it could be the right products  but wrong amount, or the wrong weather, or ...
    2b, 2c,
    High Porosity - Very Fine Hair

Low Poo: Living Proof Restore Shampoo
    Rinse Out: Living Proof Restore Conditioner
    Leave In: Living Proof Curl Leave-In or Garnier 1 Minute Mask - Papaya
    Treatments: Restore Repair Leave-In, 
    Styling: Living Proof In-Shower Styler with Ouidad Advanced Climate Control Gel Stronger Hold
  • curlypearlcurlypearl Registered Users Posts: 12,231 Curl Connoisseur
    WaveKfromNJ you are so funny!  I love that.  Carry on!
    2/c Coarse hair med. density.
    Highly porous. Color over grey.
    I love all the Curl Junkie products. Still experimenting with gels and curl creams. Still hoping for 2nd day hair....
    Every day is a gift :flower:
  • Kinky Curly-Coily MeganKinky Curly-Coily Megan Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 67 Curl Connoisseur
    The loc method is liquid oil cream.  The liquid could be water a liquid leave in or a light creamy one. The oil and the cream should be a heavy cream. The Shea moisture curl enhancing smoothie is the c in the loc method and the l is the curl in style milk. 

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file