My hair so far.

AndMarieMooreAndMarieMoore Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 17 Curl Neophyte
edited January 2018 in High Porosity

bomega updated. This is my routine so far (not perfect but marginally better than before): I start by shampooing with hot water and conditioning with cold.

Right after I ringout my hair, I put in the Coconut & Hibiscus curl enhancing smoothie followed by tea tree oil in my roots and coconut oil on the rest. I finish it off with either curl & Style milk or gel. 

So far my hair looks like the pictures. The first three are from the same day, but the last one is from a few days later.

(The last one looks too oily because I either added too much coconut oil or I need to cleanse it again.)

Now the only problem I have with my hair is the back. The front parts of my hair keep their nice curls, but the back looks like picture three, which I hate. It feels coarse  and gets super frizzy. The curls also don’t stay throughout the day.

Any tips for that?

Comments

• bomegabomega Registered Users Posts: 1,355 Curl Virtuoso
    Hi @AndMarieMoore : I have a couple of thoughts:

1) Make sure you are getting enough coverage with product in the back. (It is a tricky business because then on the other hand, you don't want to overload your hair with product right?) Also the Curl and Style Milk is more of a leave-in conditioner type of product, rather than a gel. You could experiment with trading it out for the smoothie to get better coverage on the leave-in. What gel are you using?

2) Try experimenting with applying your styling products in the shower with your hair completely saturated with water. This helps to get that coverage sometimes. It may take using more product than you are using now to do this. This could be a chance to experiment with squishing or scrunching product.
    Low-poo: Alaffia Coffee & Shea Revitalizing Shampoo for Fine/Thin Hair (summer), Alaffia Coconut & Shea Hydrating Shampoo
    Clarify: Kinky Curly Come Clean
    Rinse-out: Alaffia Coffee & Shea Revitalizing Conditioner for Fine/Thin Hair (summer), Alaffia Everyday Coconut Ultra Hydrating Conditioner
    DT: Camille Rose Naturals Algae Renew Deep Conditioner
    Leave-in: As I Am Leave-in
    Styler: Lily of the Desert 99% Aloe Vera Gelly
    Treatment: Daily tea spray; Coconut oil overnight treatment; Citric acid rinse for hard water; 2-step Henndigo w/ amla to cover gray

2C, fine, low porosity, low/medium density, protein sensitive

Looking for styling products and tools

iHerb Code KQS149 for 5% off your order

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file