Volume won't STAY in my hair?

serasgfserasgf Posts: 7Registered Users Curl Neophyte
I have a pretty decent routine to get volume in my hair, but jesus. It stays for about 30 minutes, then i have to fluff my hands through my hair again to get it back up, and it'll go right back down soon after. Is there product that could help hold this, besides hairspray? 

Comments

• StarmieStarmie Posts: 7,169Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    I bought some volumising powder a few years ago when I made the hideous mistake of growing my fringe out - I have no root curl and the front/top of my hair was very flat. A sales assistant advised me to try the powder and it actually worked quite well, I just sprinkled a bit where it was needed and kind of pushed the hair up. I'm not sure how you'd go about getting it on all your roots to give the volume but there must be a way of doing it as that's what the product's for. A colleague told me that dry shampoo works in much the same way.
    3b in South Australia.
  • serasgfserasgf Posts: 7Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    And it keeps it up? I have some dry shampoo that holds it a bit, but I don't love using dry shampoo on day 1 hair, cause it doesn't last well for day 2 or 3. When I wake up I have volume and my hair looks big and full, it's just that throughout the day it. Almost deflates?
  • Guide 65Guide 65 Posts: 1,980Registered Users, Moderators Curl Virtuoso
    Ugh...my hair does that too, especially in the winter.  Maybe try a texturizing spray?  I tried one and didn't like it, but maybe it was the wrong kind for me.  Also try adding some mousse to just the roots.  For second day hair dry shampoo works wonders, but first day hair is usually pretty flat. 
    Formerly known as Janiegirl
    2B/2C, fine hair, low density, mixed porosity, protein loving hair
    Current products:
    Changing up my shampoos because I can't find one I like
    Deva Curl One Condition (original formula)
    Innersense I Create Volume
    Deva Curl Ultra Defining Gel
  • jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Posts: 20,722Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Virtuoso
    Ditto @Guide 65, my hair gets flat and loses clumping in the winter when the air is dry. So I have to refresh more often and use a texturizing paste (I use Yarok Styling Whip). And even that doesn't always do enough, so I try to ignore it and wait for the humidity to go up in spring (my hair and I love humidity!). 
    --I'm located in Western PA.   --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, joined the forums in May 2005, started going grey in late 2005.   --My hair is 3B with some 3A, currently at mid back length when dry,  texture-medium/fine, porosity-top is low, middle is medium, ends are porous, elasticity-normal.   --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, coconut oil, honey, vinegar.   
    --My CG and grey hair progress -  
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html   
    --My article at NaturallyCurly about going grey - 
    https://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/color/how-i-went-completely-gray-and-loved-it
  • bomegabomega Posts: 1,353Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    I don't want to be a bummer, but I have never had day 2 hair, partly because of the volume issue.
    Low-poo: Alaffia Coffee & Shea Revitalizing Shampoo for Fine/Thin Hair (summer), Alaffia Coconut & Shea Hydrating Shampoo
    Clarify: Kinky Curly Come Clean
    Rinse-out: Alaffia Coffee & Shea Revitalizing Conditioner for Fine/Thin Hair (summer), Alaffia Everyday Coconut Ultra Hydrating Conditioner
    DT: Camille Rose Naturals Algae Renew Deep Conditioner
    Leave-in: As I Am Leave-in
    Styler: Lily of the Desert 99% Aloe Vera Gelly
    Treatment: Daily tea spray; Coconut oil overnight treatment; Citric acid rinse for hard water; 2-step Henndigo w/ amla to cover gray

2C, fine, low porosity, low/medium density, protein sensitive

Looking for styling products and tools

iHerb Code KQS149 for 5% off your order
  • StarmieStarmie Posts: 7,169Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    serasgf said:
    And it keeps it up? I have some dry shampoo that holds it a bit, but I don't love using dry shampoo on day 1 hair, cause it doesn't last well for day 2 or 3. When I wake up I have volume and my hair looks big and full, it's just that throughout the day it. Almost deflates?
    It did work pretty well though I was only using it on the front fringe bit of my hair. I did have to give it a bit of a push up every now and then but it wasn't a big deal considering the small amount of hair I was dealing with.
    3b in South Australia.
  • trishamn1963trishamn1963 Posts: 4Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Neophyte
    For volume, I rub my scalp with a bit of jojoba oil and then to make the volume stay, I go back over it with a bit of Shea Moisture Dragonsblood texturizing clay. I also use Sally's gvp root lifter as a finishing spray. I can get 2-3 days with these products.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file