Newbie please help!

RebeccaMarieEdwardsRebeccaMarieEdwards Posts: 2Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Neophyte
I think I'm 2b2c3a curl patterns. I have different curls thoughtout my hair. This really depends on amount of conditioner I put on it. It's really heat damaged as always straightened. Its really thick with lots of it but it doesnt like product. 
Have I got my curl pattern Right? Any advice more than welcome :)

Comments

• bomegabomega Posts: 1,355Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    Hi @RebeccaMarieEdwards : Welcome to nc.com. I would say you are around 2b/2c in your avatar picture. The different curl pattern effect is common especially with heat damage, but that may even out as you work with your hair to bring it back to health.

To get started check out the newbie threads to learn about the Curly Girl Method and how to care for your hair. As you learn more by reading and working with your hair, you might want to figure out what your other hair properties are (hair width, porosity, density) as these can influence what products and techniques are likely to work for your hair - more so than your curl type. (There is a guide in those newbie threads to help you).
    Low-poo: Alaffia Coffee & Shea Revitalizing Shampoo for Fine/Thin Hair (summer), Alaffia Coconut & Shea Hydrating Shampoo
    Clarify: Kinky Curly Come Clean
    Rinse-out: Alaffia Coffee & Shea Revitalizing Conditioner for Fine/Thin Hair (summer), Alaffia Everyday Coconut Ultra Hydrating Conditioner
    DT: Camille Rose Naturals Algae Renew Deep Conditioner
    Leave-in: As I Am Leave-in
    Styler: Lily of the Desert 99% Aloe Vera Gelly
    Treatment: Daily tea spray; Coconut oil overnight treatment; Citric acid rinse for hard water; 2-step Henndigo w/ amla to cover gray

2C, fine, low porosity, low/medium density, protein sensitive

Looking for styling products and tools

iHerb Code KQS149 for 5% off your order
  • RebeccaMarieEdwardsRebeccaMarieEdwards Posts: 2Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Neophyte
    Thank you for replying :)! I've been reading through them yesterday and today. Hopefully I'll learn more.
    edited January 2018
    Awesome! Also, feel free to ask any questions as you go along.  BTW, I meant to say earlier that you hair looks good in your avatar. :)
    Low-poo: Alaffia Coffee & Shea Revitalizing Shampoo for Fine/Thin Hair (summer), Alaffia Coconut & Shea Hydrating Shampoo
    Rinse-out: Alaffia Coffee & Shea Revitalizing Conditioner for Fine/Thin Hair (summer), Alaffia Everyday Coconut Ultra Hydrating Conditioner
    Treatment: Daily tea spray; Coconut oil overnight treatment; Citric acid rinse for hard water; 2-step Henndigo w/ amla to cover gray

• mcfdublinmcfdublin Posts: 9Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Neophyte
    Hi!  Can someone tell me where I find the Newbie info on figuring out what kind of products work best for certain hair types?
    edited February 2018
    mcfdublin said:
    Hi!  Can someone tell me where I find the Newbie info on figuring out what kind of products work best for certain hair types?
    Hi @mcfdublin, Welcome to nc.com. From the main curltalk page, it is the second forum down labelled "Information for Newbies". The first few threads are stickies with info. There should be a thread that tells you how to identify your hair properties, which in turn will help you identify what products/types of products will best work with your hair.

When I was first starting out, I used that info combined with what I learned from reading around nc.com and curltalk, blogs such as Rockyn Curls (and other blogs suggested in the newbie threads) and especially the Sciency Hair Blog to learn about what my hair was trying to tell me and what it needed.

Feel free to come back and ask any questions too! You can start a new thread by clicking the black 'New Discussion' button in the upper right hand corner.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file