What’s my hair type?

Hanna_14Hanna_14 Posts: 2Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Neophyte
I’m new here! I’m pretty sure my hair is somewhere between 2a/2b/2c, it’s high porosity and has  medium thickness. Often when I style it by the end of the day my curls look limp or weighed down. I usually use gel and a defining cream and sometimes plop. Any suggestions on how I should style it? 

Best Answers

• bomegabomega Posts: 1,355 Curl Virtuoso
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @Hanna_14 : Welcome to nc.com. :) I would say your hair is around 2b-2c. If you are having a limp curl problem, I would try to resolve that by first clarifying and following that with a deep treatment. To clarify, use one of the shampoos listed in this article on the Sciency Hair Blog: Shampoos Which Remove: Product Build-Up (Kinky Curly Come Clean is a popular choice). To DT, consider getting a moisturizing deep treatment such as Camille Rose Naturals Algae Treatment or Curl Junkie Curl Rehab. Since you have high porosity hair, you could also consider getting a DT that has protein in it. Some options would be almost any DT masque that Shea Moisture makes (the Raw Shea Butter one is protein free though.) If that doesn't clear it up, you might benefit from a protein treatment. IA Girl's Gelatin Protein Treatment Recipe Update is a popular inexpensive way to do this. You could buy a ready made protein option.
    Low-poo: Alaffia Coffee & Shea Revitalizing Shampoo for Fine/Thin Hair (summer), Alaffia Coconut & Shea Hydrating Shampoo
    Clarify: Kinky Curly Come Clean
    Rinse-out: Alaffia Coffee & Shea Revitalizing Conditioner for Fine/Thin Hair (summer), Alaffia Everyday Coconut Ultra Hydrating Conditioner
    DT: Camille Rose Naturals Algae Renew Deep Conditioner
    Leave-in: As I Am Leave-in
    Styler: Lily of the Desert 99% Aloe Vera Gelly
    Treatment: Daily tea spray; Coconut oil overnight treatment; Citric acid rinse for hard water; 2-step Henndigo w/ amla to cover gray

2C, fine, low porosity, low/medium density, protein sensitive

Looking for styling products and tools

iHerb Code KQS149 for 5% off your order
  • Hanna_14Hanna_14 Posts: 2 Curl Neophyte
    edited January 2018 Accepted Answer
    Thank you so much!!!! @bomega

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file