So excited to be going to the pediatrician for the second day in a row!

GretchenGretchen AdministratorPosts: 10,840Moderators Curl Virtuoso
16 yo sick yesterday; took him in to be sure it wasn't flu. It wasn't. He's better today and back at school.
Other 16 yo rolled his ankle at lacrosse practice last night; can't put weight on it today, so back to the dr. for x-ray and crutches. 
Good thing the pedi is really close to our house and easy to get to. 

Gretchen
NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
3A

You are beautiful!

Comments

• ellajellaj Posts: 826Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Virtuoso
    It's seems to be the time of year, Gretchen. There is so much going around, colds, flu, etc. Glad it wasn't the flu for your son, it is a nasty strain. A rolled ankle sounds painful.

Type: 2c
    Density: medium
    Porosity: high
    Thickness: fine

• LotsawavesLotsawaves Posts: 9,777Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    My cold is back in full force & my roommate is still battling the flu.  Sorry about your sons and for you.  
    From Michael Berg:

Every person has a unique connection to the Creator that can never be extinguished, and every person has a great soul that can manifest important things in our world. To make a person feel less than they are because of something inside themselves, be it faith, race, or sexual orientation, is the greatest sin of all."
  • jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Posts: 20,729Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Virtuoso
    Yikes! You all should just stay home where it's safe! : ) 
    --I'm located in Western PA.   --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, joined the forums in May 2005, started going grey in late 2005.   --My hair is 3B with some 3A, currently at mid back length when dry,  texture-medium/fine, porosity-top is low, middle is medium, ends are porous, elasticity-normal.   --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, coconut oil, honey, vinegar.   
    --My CG and grey hair progress -  
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html   
    --My article at NaturallyCurly about going grey - 
    https://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/color/how-i-went-completely-gray-and-loved-it
  • bomegabomega Posts: 1,355Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    Ugh! Glad the one kid doesn't have that flu though. Hope the other is ok. :/
    Low-poo: Alaffia Coffee & Shea Revitalizing Shampoo for Fine/Thin Hair (summer), Alaffia Coconut & Shea Hydrating Shampoo
    Clarify: Kinky Curly Come Clean
    Rinse-out: Alaffia Coffee & Shea Revitalizing Conditioner for Fine/Thin Hair (summer), Alaffia Everyday Coconut Ultra Hydrating Conditioner
    DT: Camille Rose Naturals Algae Renew Deep Conditioner
    Leave-in: As I Am Leave-in
    Styler: Lily of the Desert 99% Aloe Vera Gelly
    Treatment: Daily tea spray; Coconut oil overnight treatment; Citric acid rinse for hard water; 2-step Henndigo w/ amla to cover gray

2C, fine, low porosity, low/medium density, protein sensitive

Looking for styling products and tools

iHerb Code KQS149 for 5% off your order
  • StarmieStarmie Posts: 7,169Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    Oh dear, hope the ankle's not too badly damaged. 
    3b in South Australia.
  • GretchenGretchen Administrator Posts: 10,840Moderators Curl Virtuoso
    Ankle not broken! So relieved about that. Other twin back to school, so knock on wood, we're on our way to full mendation. 
    Third boy and I get on a plane this afternoon to fly to Oregon to check out U of O. He's been accepted, but haven't checked out the campus yet. 

Gretchen
    3A

You are beautiful!
  • LotsawavesLotsawaves Posts: 9,777Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    3 boys!  You are one busy woman. There have been many times I wish I had of had boys.  
    From Michael Berg:

Every person has a unique connection to the Creator that can never be extinguished, and every person has a great soul that can manifest important things in our world. To make a person feel less than they are because of something inside themselves, be it faith, race, or sexual orientation, is the greatest sin of all."
    You are coming just in time for our weird snow-rain. :)
    Low-poo: Alaffia Coffee & Shea Revitalizing Shampoo for Fine/Thin Hair (summer), Alaffia Coconut & Shea Hydrating Shampoo
    Rinse-out: Alaffia Coffee & Shea Revitalizing Conditioner for Fine/Thin Hair (summer), Alaffia Everyday Coconut Ultra Hydrating Conditioner
    Treatment: Daily tea spray; Coconut oil overnight treatment; Citric acid rinse for hard water; 2-step Henndigo w/ amla to cover gray

Hope it goes well Gretchen, very exciting times. My son goes to uni about 10 mins drive away, didn't fancy moving away from home!
    3b in South Australia.
    He liked it a lot!  Still waiting to hear from one more college, and then of course waiting for financial aid letters, but we're getting closer to making a decision. 

Gretchen
    3A

You are beautiful!
    What does he want to study?
    3b in South Australia.
    Starmie said:
    What does he want to study?
    @Gretchen: Enquiring minds want to know! (But...no pressure ;).)

So nice of y'all to be interested!  Sports management.... sports marketing, specifically. 

Gretchen
    3A

You are beautiful!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file