What organic/all-natural products do people use for shampoo, conditioner and styling?

ChelseaBeeChelseaBee Posts: 4Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Neophyte
Hello,
I love using organic, all-natural products that I can pronounce the ingredients and know what they are. I am currently using Alba Botanica So Smooth Gardenia Shampoo/Conditioner and the Gardenia Hawaiian Anti-Frizz Serum. What organic products do people with type 3 hair use? 
(I also posed this question under the Hair T3 Forum) Can't wait for the info, thank you!
Chelsea

Best Answer

• bomegabomega Posts: 1,355 Curl Virtuoso
    edited January 2018 Accepted Answer
    Hi @ChelseaBee : I am a big fan of Alaffia, and you can see what products I use in my signature line. In addition, their Reishi line is pretty new, and I have liked almost all the products I tried from that line, including the hand/body lotion for hand cream, face cream, and Nourishing Conditioner. (The one exception is the "Cleansing Conditioner" cowash - it has no slip. But then I don't cowash either.) You can often buy them from Whole Foods, and return them if they don't work out. I think Alaffia is such a great company that their products are at least worth a try. You can read more about them on their website: https://alaffia.com/empowerment/

In addition, I have also used:
    - Giovanni Shampoo/Conditioner: the 50/50 Balanced, Tea Tree, and Magnetic lines
    - I used to *love* Aubrey Organic, but they long ago changed.
    - I also used to love Shea Moisture Coconut Hibiscus, but then my hair changed I switched to Alaffia. Also, as of last year, it seems the company has also changed and it's possible the downturn in values seems to have affected the quality of their products.

Some product lines I want to try are Eco Sevi, Curl Junkie, and Camille Rose Naturals. I heard about them here on Curltalk, and their products look really great. Maui Moisture and Not Your Mother's Naturals also look good and a little more affordable.

A few "Salon Natural" brands I keep looking at but can't really afford right now are Briogeo, Intelligent Nutrients, Innersense Organics, maybe Yarok.
    Low-poo: Alaffia Coffee & Shea Revitalizing Shampoo for Fine/Thin Hair (summer), Alaffia Coconut & Shea Hydrating Shampoo
    Clarify: Kinky Curly Come Clean
    Rinse-out: Alaffia Coffee & Shea Revitalizing Conditioner for Fine/Thin Hair (summer), Alaffia Everyday Coconut Ultra Hydrating Conditioner
    DT: Camille Rose Naturals Algae Renew Deep Conditioner
    Leave-in: As I Am Leave-in
    Styler: Lily of the Desert 99% Aloe Vera Gelly
    Treatment: Daily tea spray; Coconut oil overnight treatment; Citric acid rinse for hard water; 2-step Henndigo w/ amla to cover gray

2C, fine, low porosity, low/medium density, protein sensitive

Looking for styling products and tools

iHerb Code KQS149 for 5% off your order

Answers

• ChelseaBeeChelseaBee Posts: 4Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Neophyte
    Thank you for all of that info Bomega! I will certainly look into all of those and make my future questions more specific to my hair. :)
  • ChelseaBeeChelseaBee Posts: 4Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Neophyte
    Thank you for all of that info Bomega! I will certainly look into all of those and make my future questions more specific to my hair. :)
  • bomegabomega Posts: 1,355Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    Glad I could help. I would love to hear your experiences of products you try. :)
    Low-poo: Alaffia Coffee & Shea Revitalizing Shampoo for Fine/Thin Hair (summer), Alaffia Coconut & Shea Hydrating Shampoo
    Clarify: Kinky Curly Come Clean
    Rinse-out: Alaffia Coffee & Shea Revitalizing Conditioner for Fine/Thin Hair (summer), Alaffia Everyday Coconut Ultra Hydrating Conditioner
    DT: Camille Rose Naturals Algae Renew Deep Conditioner
    Leave-in: As I Am Leave-in
    Styler: Lily of the Desert 99% Aloe Vera Gelly
    Treatment: Daily tea spray; Coconut oil overnight treatment; Citric acid rinse for hard water; 2-step Henndigo w/ amla to cover gray

2C, fine, low porosity, low/medium density, protein sensitive

Looking for styling products and tools

iHerb Code KQS149 for 5% off your order
  • Therese1Therese1 Posts: 2,563Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    I like using more natural products too. I like many of the Intelligent Nutrients products; I use the Harmonic poo and conditioner, because they give me volume and don't weigh down my fine hair. I also find their hairsprays good too, and the volumizing spray.

Before my hair became protein sensitive, I used to love the Innersense Whipped Creme Texturizer.

It really depends on what kind of effects you are looking for with your hair. Moisture, volume, curl definition...?
    Low poo: Intelligent Nutrients (IN) Harmonic; Oribe Cleansing Creme
    RO: IN Harmonic
    LI: CJ Beauticurls; Jessicurl (JC) Gelebration Spray
    DC: JC Deep Conditioning Treatment; Weleda Rosemary Conditioning Oil
    Stylers: JC Confident Coils; IN Volumizing Spray; IN Perfect Hold Hairspray; John Masters Sea Mist; Bumble Bb. Gel; Kenra Firm-Hold Gel; Sevi Blue Yarrow Sea Salt Spray
    Low-porosity 2a/b baby-fine hair
  • curlsAboundcurlsAbound Posts: 246Registered Users Curl Novice
    I enjoy the Aubrey Organics line as well as Desert Essences.  I also sometimes do an intense olive oil treatment - easy and makes hair so nicely moisturized ...
    2b/3a in Vancouver, Canada
    loving my own homemade Satsuma scented agave spiked FSG
    faithful to Aubrey Organics Mandarin Magic Moisturizing Gelly
    also the combo of Satsuma scented AOMM and Biolage Gelée
    Desert Essences Coconut shampoo and conditioner

Discount code:
    For $$$$ off at iherb.com, use this linked code: DEY827

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file