Do night-time pineapples tangle anybody's hair?

NatasiatreneeNatasiatrenee Posts: 1Registered Users Curl Neophyte
I have 3b-3c hair, mid-back length. I love wearing braid-outs and to preserve them throughout the week I pineapple my hair at night. However, the back of my head gets so tangled and matted from the pineapple it makes detangling a NIGHTMARE. I dont know if it's the pineapple or me sleeping on my head at night (I use a satin scarf). ANY TIPS?!  

Best Answers

• bomegabomega Posts: 1,355 Curl Virtuoso
    Accepted Answer
    Well, I can't always pineapple...sometimes my head protests. But I don't get as much tangles since I've really worked to keep my hair hydrated/moisturized.
    Low-poo: Alaffia Coffee & Shea Revitalizing Shampoo for Fine/Thin Hair (summer), Alaffia Coconut & Shea Hydrating Shampoo
    Clarify: Kinky Curly Come Clean
    Rinse-out: Alaffia Coffee & Shea Revitalizing Conditioner for Fine/Thin Hair (summer), Alaffia Everyday Coconut Ultra Hydrating Conditioner
    DT: Camille Rose Naturals Algae Renew Deep Conditioner
    Leave-in: As I Am Leave-in
    Styler: Lily of the Desert 99% Aloe Vera Gelly
    Treatment: Daily tea spray; Coconut oil overnight treatment; Citric acid rinse for hard water; 2-step Henndigo w/ amla to cover gray

2C, fine, low porosity, low/medium density, protein sensitive

Looking for styling products and tools

iHerb Code KQS149 for 5% off your order
  • RimonsileyRimonsiley Posts: 40 Curl Connoisseur
    Accepted Answer
    It happens to me too sometimes. I get the best results when I sleep in a bonnet, or scarf wrapped around my hair (similar to plopping after washing).

Answers

• .coconut..coconut. Posts: 14Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Novice
    perhaps if you keep it moisturised and with oil during the weeks it would help to not tangle so much
  • maniamania Posts: 56Registered Users
    Yeah it might be moisturised using the oil during the whole week.. it wouldn't be tangle that much..
  • GretchenGretchen Administrator Posts: 10,840Moderators Curl Virtuoso
    Welcome @Natasiatrenee!  My hair is so short it doesn't tangle. You might try sleeping in a Buff

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!
  • jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Posts: 20,724Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Virtuoso
    The longer my hair gets, the more tangly it gets, especially underneath in the back. For me, pineappling prevents that part of my hair from tangling. 
    --I'm located in Western PA.   --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, joined the forums in May 2005, started going grey in late 2005.   --My hair is 3B with some 3A, currently at mid back length when dry,  texture-medium/fine, porosity-top is low, middle is medium, ends are porous, elasticity-normal.   --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, coconut oil, honey, vinegar.   
    --My CG and grey hair progress -  
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html   
    --My article at NaturallyCurly about going grey - 
    https://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/color/how-i-went-completely-gray-and-loved-it
  • Paloma1Paloma1 Posts: 6Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    My hair does not tangle in a pineapple (I use a satin pillowcase)... Try to give special attention to the back of your hair while moisturizing.. Also, use a satin bonet to see if it helps.
  • maniamania Posts: 56Registered Users
    Yeah totally I am agree with that as well...
  • SavagegirlSavagegirl Posts: 379Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Seconding the buff. Plus I love how comfortable a buff is!
    __
    2C-3A Fine, medium density, long
    Modified CG Method / Natural Only since 2015
    :thumbright:
    Canadian Mama!
  • nlcurlnlcurl Posts: 6Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I have the same problem...also 3b/c hair. But I blame the fact that I have a cotton pillow case. I tried sleeping on a satin pillow case and I couldn't stand the feeling of it against my face. I used to wash & condition once a week. Now I do it twice a week. The tangles are not AS bad when I get to detangle mid week.
  • GretchenGretchen Administrator Posts: 10,840Moderators Curl Virtuoso
    nlcurl said:
    I have the same problem...also 3b/c hair. But I blame the fact that I have a cotton pillow case. I tried sleeping on a satin pillow case and I couldn't stand the feeling of it against my face. I used to wash & condition once a week. Now I do it twice a week. The tangles are not AS bad when I get to detangle mid week.
    Glad you've found a routine that works better for you. 
    Interesting about the satin pillowcase! Seems like many people like the feeling. I've tried a number of different satin pillowcases, and each feels different — just to complicate things!

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file